cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I will leave the country for about three month, how can I keep my phone number with PM

pat123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can I select 3 month plan lenth with no Talk/Text/Data which is $25?

7 REPLIES 7

@JaK wrote:

Sorry, I meant 90 day text only, but that is still $70 so not a lot cheaper.

Like I said it is the safest, but the way @NDesai mentions is a lot cheaper, if you think you can manage not to forget re-activating before your 90-day suspension is up.

@NDesai, you don't need that first 10 day text plan in there, instead just let your main plan run out and start the suspension from there, that way you get 190 days for only $11 instead of 200 for $22 (again, if you stretch everything to the max...)

That depends when OP leaves. If he leaves just after renewal then makes sense not to get on the 10 day plan right away. But if he leaves near renewal, OP should have the plan auto change to text only plan. 

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sorry, I meant 90 day text only, but that is still $70 so not a lot cheaper.

Like I said it is the safest, but the way @NDesai mentions is a lot cheaper, if you think you can manage not to forget re-activating before your 90-day suspension is up.

@NDesai, you don't need that first 10 day text plan in there, instead just let your main plan run out and start the suspension from there, that way you get 190 days for only $11 instead of 200 for $22 (again, if you stretch everything to the max...)

@NDesai and @JaK are both correct; you cannot have a plan without at least one service, and 10 day texting is the cheapest.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@pat123 wrote:

90 day Data only will cost you $75, not cheap.

Cheapest plan is 10 days text only for $11. That gives you 10 + 90 days before it gets deleted. 

When it gets closer to 90 days, you can activate 10 days text only plan again, and you have 100 more days. So 200 days just for $22.

pat123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

90 day Data only will cost you $75, not cheap.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @pat123

No, that plan is not allowed.

You can let whatever plan you are on lapse and you will have 90 days before it is deleted, but that is a bit risky because if you miss the 90 mark for whatever reason then your account is deleted and number is gone (unrecoverable). It you want to be safe, the cheapest to use is the 90 day data only.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

I think you can't do that.

Alternatively, you can just get on 10 days text only plan that costs $11 and will keep your account for 100 more days. 

If you are on gradfathered plan, you will loose that plan when you change your plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.