cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone SE

TennehF613
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just got an iPhone SE, and its network carrier is Public Mobile. I am trying to switch my SIM card to the new phone but it says the fllowing:

SIM Not Supported

The SUM car that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlcked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information

The problem is, the SIM is from Public Mobile, and the Phone's carrier Public Mobile 2.0! I have tried calling Public Mobile but the calling centre doesn't seem to exist anymore.

ANy help is appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4

TennehF613

But the iPhone says the carrier is Public Mobile (when I check Settings -> Network -> Carrier). 

TennehF613

When I check this, it says the carrier is Public Mobile. Hence my confusion!

JackQuint
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As already posted, you are locked to a different carrier.

If you check in Settings/Cellular/Network Selection should tell you the last successful carrier connect which should let you identify who it's locked to.

Carriers have to unlock for free and it should be just a phone call. If you can't identify the carrier, start with Rogers, then try Bell, then try Telus, etc.

That is unless your phone is blacklisted as being stolen. In that case, no one will activate. When you check the compatibility here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-started it will also tell you whether the phone is blacklisted.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@TennehF613 wrote:

I just got an iPhone SE, and its network carrier is Public Mobile. I am trying to switch my SIM card to the new phone but it says the fllowing:

SIM Not Supported

The SUM car that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported under the activation policy that is currently assigned by the activation server. This is not a hardware issue with the iPhone. Please insert another SIM card from a supported carrier or request that this iPhone be unlcked by your carrier. Please contact Apple for more information

The problem is, the SIM is from Public Mobile, and the Phone's carrier Public Mobile 2.0! I have tried calling Public Mobile but the calling centre doesn't seem to exist anymore.

ANy help is appreciated!

Looks like your iPhone is not unlocked.

You'll need to confirm this by putting the PM sim in a confirmed unlocked phone to see if that works. If so, you'll need to contact your previous cell carrier of your iPhone to have it unlocked.

Need Help? Let's chat.