cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INVALID SIM NUMBER

Joey2021
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a brand new sim card and trying to activate it but says the sim number is invalid.

I have tried several times. 

7 REPLIES 7

@Joey2021 wrote:

I ordered from public mobile website. I was not activated.

@Joey2021 

As stated above, you can try with a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  If that does not work and you got the same message, you will need to contact moderator.  You might have been sent an inactive SIM card (or previously activated by another customer).  

Click on the chat icon on the right lower corner of website.  Type: contact moderator.  Follow prompts to submit ticket for moderator help.  

Joey2021
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered from public mobile website. I was not activated.

@esjliv wrote: 

@Joey2021 ,

You have likely locked up the SIM number in the current activation session. 

• Wait 1 hour to try again.

There is no longer any web browser lock out on a SIM card number for a activation that has been started. Also, clicking back durng the activation will no longer result in any error messages for completing an activation.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Joey2021 wrote:

I have a brand new sim card and trying to activate it but says the sim number is invalid.

I have tried several times. 

@Joey2021 ,

You have likely locked up the SIM number in the current activation session. 

• Wait 1 hour to try again.
  • When you do try clear your browser's cache/cookies, and try opening a tab in incognito mode.

EDIT: check to see if your credit card was charged; if so, insert the SIM and see if you have any services.

If not charged, then follow above wait period before trying again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

you can try it for a different Browser
and clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and if you use a home internet please do one thing take it your power internet for about a minute and put it back, Restart your device is will help,

just make sure your credit card number and your address match the same one ,

your typing and sometime you type it but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or is missing just make sure for it.

or if you are do activated the New SIM card ,  you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by Click here.            You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

Good Luck

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Joey2021 

Where did you get your SIM card from?  Could they have possibly activated it for you?  You can't "re-activate" a SIM if it's already active. 

If the SIM is already in your phone, does it work - do you have service?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Joey2021  did it say invalid while you try to activate on the site?

or you meant INVALID SIM error after it is inserted into the phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.