cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was on 25 bucks chatr unlimited calls/1gb a day , switched to public unlimited calls/ 1 Gb a month

Simar71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone, 

I lost my previous number and a good plan in chatr as I was travelling outside of country and didn’t top up my account.

now I switched to public but the plan is much more expensive than it. 
I am probably going to switch to a cheaper carrier unless I get a cheaper plan. How can I explain this to public mobile so they can give me an offer to stay and where even should I start?

thanks!

10 REPLIES 10

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It's too bad you had to settle with Public's 1 GB per month plan. This will never be enough data for you.

Please let us know how you are finding these deals!  Once you find another great 1 GB per day plan for $25 I'm sure we would all love to check it out.  Good luck with your shopping around for a cheaper carrier and let us know what deals you find 😁

Yeah I was going to say this is the first time that I have ever heard of something like that. That is basically a 30GB plan a month for 25, just too good to be true. Maybe the thought was playing that up would haggle PM down on a plan, but as mentioned they are set in stone. If you can find something even a quarter as good as that Unicorn plan. Jump on IT!

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

So you seem to be saying that on Chatr you had 1GB of data PER DAY at $25 a month but with Public you get 1GB of data PER MONTH (30 days really) for $25. Correct with the PM plan but I find it extremely hard to believe that you got 1GB of data per day or even 30 GB per month for $25 a month. More info needed unless I have totally missed your point.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Simar71 

If you activated on the $25 / 1 GB plan then I believe it is the same as the chatr plan unless you had a very old plan with them that we are unaware of that was offered previously.

You can contact customer support do you have the 2GB promocode added to your account. Customer support here is very good about these kind of things.

Depending on how much data you use and how many points you are able to earn through your community contributions along with other rewards that you can earn you may be able to drive down the cost of your plan. The one advantage to public mobile and it's points program is the discounted add-ons you can redeem points for. You can save between 25% and 50% on the cost of add-ons when you redeem them with points.

If you don't regularly use 1 GB of data every month it may be worthwhile after your promotion has ended to switch to the $15 plan. And redeem your points for 1 GB data add-ons which roll over every 30 days rather than expire like plan data does. Since 1GB data add-ons are redeemed for 10 points=$10 rather than the regular cost of $15/1gb you can for the same price as the $25 plan instead have 250 MB of plan data and an additional 1 GB of add-on data at your disposal when on the $15 plan and redeeming for 1 GB add-ons.

Any of that add on data that you don't use will then roll over to your next 30 days cycle. That's saving you money on what would have been the $25 plan cost. Most users of the $15 plan add the $5/500 min add on to supplement their 100 outgoing minutes on the $15 plan. So on average you can save up to $7.50 possibly even $10 each month on your plan cost.

Since you also qualify for the three times the points promotion for 12 months along with your extra 2 GB of data you will receive once customer support ads the promo code to your account when a year has passed you can consider whether to change your plan or supplement the $25 plan and it's 1 GB data with add-ons that you redeem with your points.

@Simar71 wrote:

I have already activated my Sim, can anything be done about that promo code now?

@Simar71 

if you new activated then contact PM support team by private message CS_Agent  to added for you.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Simar71 hi all plan are what you see ,there is no negotiating for a cheaper plan,

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Simar71 PM's 1GB plan is also $25/30 days. Earning rewards will bring the cost down so you can save more. 

Simar71
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have already activated my Sim, can anything be done about that promo code now?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Simar71  - there is no bargaining or loyalty arranging with public mobile customer support agents. That is just the way things are here.

What is available to you, as anyone else, is listed in the Plans area: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#plans-start

So, if you are not happy with price, and find something better, perhaps go them and see if they will meet any of your requests.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@Simar71 

Here all  Plans (publicmobile.ca)

new customer Activate on any plan $25/mo or higher and get an additional 2GB of data for free* every month for 12 months with promo code 12MONTHS2GB. plus use your refer-a-friend code.

Flash Sale (publicmobile.ca)

for  Activate Your SIM Card Online use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,or safari on private mode,

How to Activate (publicmobile.ca)

here a link to review Public Mobile Service Terms,

Need Help? Let's chat.