cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to repurchase a US roaming add on there is no option to repurchase that same add on

gombotz
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, 

I purchased a US roaming add-on of unlimited Canada talk + text + 250 MB of data for US roaming for 10 days (it expired today) and I'd like to repurchase. However, there is no option to repurchase that same adds on, along with each of the components separately. I came across this post that mentioned "

1. If you are staying longer than 10 days you must wait a minimum of 24 hours to purchase the same US roaming add on or contact the moderators to add it before the waiting period ends." 

Would a moderator be able to add this in before the waiting period ends or confirm this is the case? If this isn't the case can someone direct me to what caused? My parents would like to repurchase the add on ASAP as they are without service and need to be able to use their cellphone to contact myself/other people. Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

@gombotz 

Here is some additional information you may find useful...

1. While you have to have an active plan to purchase and use US roaming add ons the type of plan you have does not affect the roaming add ons features.
  2. US roaming add ons start the moment you confirm and submit your purchase in your self serve account and expire 240 hours later (10 days×24 hours).
  3. You can pre-load the funds needed to purchase the add ons in your self serve account so you only have to log in, select the US roaming add on and then confirm and submit your purchase.
  4. Wait til late as possible to purchase since they are immediately valid so on free wifi at the destination airport or stopping shortly before the border at mcd's or timmy's to buy the add on while on free wifi.
  5. If you are staying longer than 10 days you must wait a minimum of 24 hours to purchase the same US roaming add on or contact the moderators to add it before the waiting period ends.
  6. If you have two US roaming add ons with a talk feature that overlap the talk feature basically gets disabled. Avoid this....but you will have to get one removed by a moderator to get your calling feature back if this happens.
  7. After purchase reboot your phone and manually select either at&t or T-mobile to get better reception. Some areas have better coverage by either provider so when travelling around the US you will be better served by choosing the provider with better signal strength by locale.
  8. You will recieve incoming texts without any US roaming add ons. Adding the fongo app and textnow app for use on wifi are good to use for a back up plan or you could call forward your pm phone # to your fongo # before you leave Canada and purchase just the US data roaming add on. Fongo also works on mobile data (1 min=0.5mb/100 min=50mb) so you could still recieve incoming pm texts, recieve incoming pm calls to your fongo #/app, outgoing calls from your fongo number and outgoing  texts from textnow for free or small fee from fongo.
  9. All US roaming add ons have either unlimted text, talk or both. Only data has limits depending on your purchase 250mb/500mb/1gb. Once the data is consumed it will just stop you could then purchase different roaming add on, wait 24 hr to buy or contact the moderator to buy the same US roaming add on again. (* except talk as previously mentioned.)

gombotz

Thank you for your reply and for confirming this! I submitted a ticket. Cheers. 

gombotz

Thank you for your reply! It's odd how there's a waiting period. They should just allow those to repurchase an add on when it's expired and get rid of the waiting period. 

@gombotz wrote:

Hi there, 

I purchased a US roaming add-on of unlimited Canada talk + text + 250 MB of data for US roaming for 10 days (it expired today) and I'd like to repurchase. However, there is no option to repurchase that same adds on, along with each of the components separately. I came across this post that mentioned "

1. If you are staying longer than 10 days you must wait a minimum of 24 hours to purchase the same US roaming add on or contact the moderators to add it before the waiting period ends." 

Would a moderator be able to add this in before the waiting period ends or confirm this is the case? If this isn't the case can someone direct me to what caused? My parents would like to repurchase the add on ASAP as they are without service and need to be able to use their cellphone to contact myself/other people. Thanks in advance!

The information that you have quoted is accurate. You need to either wait 24 hours after the expiry of the roaming add-on or you need to ask a customer support agent to do it.  You would need to open a ticket by going to:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

I have never purchased these add-ons but I hear all the time that there is an inability to purchase another roaming add-on without waiting for 24 hours to pass since the first one expired. Not sure why but it is a known situation. Give it a try after 24 hours.

<edit> OP has now added to their post that they know about this situation.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.