cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to port my number

micklejac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello CS_Agent

I will be getting a phone plan through my company so I need to place a note on my account to approve the number to be ported over to my employer. How do I do this? I tried to figure this out with chatbot but kept running into a 404 error when it was prompting me to transfer my number. 

4 REPLIES 4

@micklejac 

Should start this reply by indicating we are not public mobile staff, we're just other customers like you so WE can't do anything to assist with the porting of your number.

If I understand correctly, you're receiving a phone plan through your employer and you'll be moving your Public Mobile number to the new provider, which is NOT Public Mobile.

Correct?

Steps are easy.   What you must remember is to keep your Public Mobile account active and your PM SIM card in your device.

When the new plan is activated with the employer, they'll request a port from Public Mobile.  They may wish to have your Public Mobile account number to facilitate this.   It's on your Profile tab in self-serve - hover over the crossed out eye or tap on it to reveal the account number.

That'll prompt a text from Public Mobile to you seeking your permission to port (move) the number to them.

All you need to do is reply "YES" to that text within 90 minutes of getting it.

Would be a good idea to ask your employer as soon as they are doing the activation so you can be on the lookout for that text.

After you reply "YES", the port will occur and your Public Mobile account and SIM card will be deactivated.

Ask the new provider. You don't do any of this. It's all up to the new provider. You ask them to request the transfer. They request the transfer from here. You get the text with the old sim in a phone. You reply to it. The new provider gets the number and applies it to your new account and this account closes.

micklejac
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for this. When I tried to get an SMS sent to authorize the port it never came. Not sure why?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

All support is to be provided by the new provider. All you need here is that the account remains active and you leave this sim in a phone to confirm the transfer text.

Need Help? Let's chat.