cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm on sos without internet at home... I'm on Chinook Centrer

alvarenga
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I'm new in town and I was stupid to try to Porter my number by myself. I thought it would be easier but now I have no number and no internet.

I'm really lost. I went to a place that has open wifi, but I don't know what do to.

Me and wife don't have anybody to help us and both of us are stuck on sos mode.

No internet home because can-com said Shaw is taking their time... Well.

What should I do know? I need to fix this. Can't go back home and not knowing how I will go to work tomorrow.

Please help. I'm on Chinook Centrer and I don't know where to go.

And yes, qr code is not reading.

11 REPLIES 11

@alvarenga wrote:

Agent Gaby solved my problem! I'm going home now and I'll try to fix my wife's aswell.

I want to thank every single one of you. 

But oh I don't recommend my experience porting.

@alvarenga , thank you for the update.

I think it is likely much easier to port a phone number in from a different provider after the new account is setup & working. Then request to port a phone number in.

alvarenga

Agent Gaby solved my problem! I'm going home now and I'll try to fix my wife's aswell.

I want to thank every single one of you. 

But oh I don't recommend my experience porting.

@alvarenga wrote:

I'm doomed guys... I'm here since 11am, and I was in a 7eleven last night from 10pm to 11pm. If it's all online how will they fix it? Wow, I was extemely stupid trying to go Public Mobile... But I saw so many recommendations on Reddit that I got interest. Now, look at me! Can't even call my wife to check the kids... Wow

@alvarenga , they will fix it. Public Mobile just does it differently to save the expense of paying for a physical location for Customers to go to & the expensive of paying those Employees to help Customers in person, in turn saving Us the Customers money on the cost of the phone service plans.

Most things we can help other Customers with here in the Community but some things require the help of a CS_Agent through private messages which means no waiting on hold on the phone for a couple hours then transferred from one Employee to another while they troubleshoot the issues. Instead you receive their help through private messages from them. Proof in writing 😉 After this is fixed you shouldn’t need their help again.

We will always be here in the Community to help each other with everything else. 🙂 Most times with a much quicker response back then CS_Agents. 🙂 I know it’s frustrating & disappointing. Sorry 😔 Please wait a little longer.

Edited: My typos!

alvarenga

I'm doomed guys... I'm here since 11am, and I was in a 7eleven last night from 10pm to 11pm. If it's all online how will they fix it? Wow, I was extemely stupid trying to go Public Mobile... But I saw so many recommendations on Reddit that I got interest. Now, look at me! Can't even call my wife to check the kids... Wow

@alvarenga wrote:

Mobile Klinik couldn't help.

@alvarenga , correct. Public Mobile support is online only from posting here in the Community to get help from Us (other Customers) & through sending private messages to CS_Agents (Customer Support Agents).

alvarenga

Mobile Klinik couldn't help.

@alvarenga  They should reply to you with in the hour and ask some verification questions before helping you . Just keep an. Eye on your.Community in box for their reply .or you can use this link to it 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/privatenotespage

alvarenga

Going there, thanks!

alvarenga

Just did, thank you!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@alvarenga  Please submit ticket with support to help using this direct link . 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@alvarenga 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/number-transfer-port-troubleshooting

added...go to the MobileKinik store in the mall...maybe someone there can guide you further.

Need Help? Let's chat.