cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm new and...

Jasper99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm new and trying to pay for a phone plan. It never asked my home address and when I put in my credit card it declines it. Also the referral code I was given is now not working ? 

I'm on the slow road to talking with someone and gave them my home address, was advised to go ahead with payment and it still declines the credit card. I cannot find out where on the website to go to update my home address. 

I've heard someone so happy with PM but i'm having a tough time.

7 REPLIES 7

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jasper99 

The problem is the prepaid card. For some reason for the past 6 weeks all prepaid cards are being refused. All that is required is to enter the postal code of the credit card being used. Normally when prepaid cards were working on the site the postal code on the account would suffice. If you have an agent helping ask them if they can remove a regular credit card immediately after activation and maybe you can borrow one for your activation?

Otherwise ask the agent if they can activate you with a voucher? Or an automatic top up? If so you can use muskbird.com for a voucher or an automatic top up (Public Mobile RTR). Interac or e-transfer have a flat rate $0.30 surcharge. All other payment methods have a 7.5% surcharge. See this post:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Online-Top-Up-Payments-Muskbird-com/m-p/9...

@Jasper99 

Jasper99

I've been talking to a live agent, the agent said he would update my home address. the card I use is a prepaid so I guess that is why it is not working. A friend registered an account and currently pays with a prepaid card and has only good things to say about PM.

Jasper99

I can't find out where to update my home address on PM ???

The entered address needs to match the billing address of the credit card for the credit card to work, i believe @Jasper99 

Perhaps reach out to the customer support agents if things aren't working for you.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to them by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

Jasper99

Other credit cards also get declined. Is it possible that I need to have a home address registered on PM ? and that is why they are declining the credit cards ?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I presume you're using the PM app to activate @Jasper99 

Can you try a different credit card to get activated?   I presume it's a Canadian or US credit card - it needs to be.

Need Help? Let's chat.