cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have no service on my zenfone 2

Maxi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I wanted to try this company since i have an unlocked zenfone 2 that i bought at canada computers. Its been like 2 hours since i activated the service but isnt working there is no bars or service and am pretty upset because they already charged me for my service. Please help maybe i just have to wait longer if not how do i get a refound. Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @Maxi, welcome to the Public Mobile community!  I think @JaK has given you a couple of great things to check, as well as @Shazia_K's suggested to try re-inserting the SIM, and @NDesai's tip about the preferred network type.  Would you please give us an update to let us know whether or not you have managed to get up and running okay?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

JaK
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @Maxi

IIRC, the zenfone 2 is a dual sim slot phone, with the one side supporting 3g/4g and the other supporting 2g only. please make sure you are using the 3g/4g slot, as it has already been mentioned that PM does not support 2g.

You may also need to set up your APN to get data working, see http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-Up-Data-On-Your-Phone/ta-p/26 (but that is of course after you get bars of service).

Others have reported good results with that phone so shouldn't be any reason it won't work, good luck and welcome to Public Mobile!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Maxi

welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

I'm sorry to see that you aren't able to get service on your phone. 

Can you try and remove the SIM card? Please verify that the SIM card is well inserted. 

If you are still having issues let us know. 

Thanks, 

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

It should start working after activation. Make sure your phone is unlocked. 

Simple thing many forget to reboot their phone. Also make sure 3g or LTE is selected in settings. 

No refund will be given since this is a pre-paid service. 

Let us know if it still doesn't work. PM staff member will help you get up and running. 

Maxi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Need Help? Let's chat.