I have 4g icon but no internet

bruno83
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Spoiler

I tried:

-Resetting my phone

-Removing and re-inserting the SIM card

-Re-entering my APN settings

-Declaring my phone stolen (suspending service) and reactivating it 5 minutes later

My data plan is active.

14 REPLIES 14

Carld123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@bruno83

We all learn something new everyday...no need to feel dumb..lol

@bruno83, you're not the first to ask about this.  Don't feel bad.

When an addon is fully used up, that information will disappear from the Overview page.

bruno83

Okay I added it all up again and turns out I did go over my limit. I feel dumb now thanks everyone.

@bruno83 wrote:

I don't see remaining data number anywhere, where is it exact? However I added up all the numbers in usage history since my last payment and I should have data left still

Ah. The data counter shows on the landing page under "Data and Add-ons" and if you don't see "900/1024 Mb" or along those lines, you have used it all up.

Carld123

@bruno83

Data section on overview page..Screenshot_2018-11-30-13-11-19.png

@stonechucker wrote:

@bruno83, please provide the exact model number of the phone - have you checked that it's compatible with the network?

To add to @stonechucker's point:

Use willmyphonework.net - the IMEI checker on the main Public Mobile site is only reliable when it comes to phones on the blacklist, not so much for frequency compatibility.

A network reset might still be a good thing to try.

What provider did you use the phone last? 

Do calls and texts work?

Have you tried forcing the data connection to 3G?

bruno83

ZTE Axon. Model number A1. I have had service before so it has to be compatible.

bruno83

I don't see remaining data number anywhere, where is it exact? However I added up all the numbers in usage history since my last payment and I should have data left still

@bruno83, please provide the exact model number of the phone - have you checked that it's compatible with the network?

Carld123

@bruno83

On the account overview page I dont think there is anything that says "data active"...plan active yes....so does it show you have remaining gb/ mb left in the actual data overview section?

bruno83

a ZTE Android phone. Version 5.1.1

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bruno83 wrote:

My phone is not LG, no network reset option. I double and triple checked and my APN information is correct.

Which phone do you have?

bruno83

My phone is not LG, no network reset option. I double and triple checked and my APN information is correct.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bruno83 wrote:
Spoiler

I tried:

-Resetting my phone

-Removing and re-inserting the SIM card

-Re-entering my APN settings

-Declaring my phone stolen (suspending service) and reactivating it 5 minutes later

My data plan is active.

You did the right things to get your data working again.

Are you using a LG phone?

If yes, do a network(not factory) reset and check your APN again to ensure no spelling mistake.

https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.