cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant use data on my samsung s8? Please help.

kevinmcd
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cant use data on my samsung s8? Please help.

15 REPLIES 15

kevinmcd

I really need help

Ok.. Ive been a pm customer for about a year.I can make and receive calls. No real issues. A couple of weeks ago I lost the ability to use the internet. I can make and receive calls. APN seems correct. I put a friends telus sim in to test if phone was good. It worked perfectly. So I went and got a new sim card thinking that it myght be faulty. Went on pm website to change sim info. Still not working.

I prepay 90 days at a time. 3 gigs lte. Last payment was a couple of weeks ago.

Is it possible that my data was not reset??

Now I have bought an addon for more data... But it still wont work?

I really need help

kevinmcd

3 gigs

I also topped up with another gig added on. But no change. Super frustrated...

Thank you,

Kevin

kevinmcd
  1. Thank you
  2. How can I check remaking data

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kevinmcd wrote:

I’m on LTE. Under my account is says 0 funds available. Is that correct. I just paid for 90 days 2 weeks ago.

@kevinmcd available funds balance of zero is normal, since any funds that were in there went toward your renewal 2 weeks ago.

On LTE plan I'm not aware of any bugs.  How much data does your plan include?  It's conceivable to go through an entire 90 days worth of data in a couple of weeks (or even less) by accident if any of the following apply, for example:

- Maybe you accidentally thought you turned on wifi and then streamed a bunch of 4k or even HD video?

- Maybe you have Wi-Fi Assist (as Apple calls it--many Android devices have something similar--OnePlus calls it Smart WiFi Switching, for example) enabled and were in a spot with poor WiFi signal and ended up using a bunch of mobile data you thought was WiFi?

- Maybe you accidentally downloaded a large Android/iOS update over mobile data or your phone did it without asking you

- Maybe you were tethered to a computer via WiFi Hotspot on your phone and only meant to do a few little things but your computer decided to download Windows updates which can be multiple gigs?  [Pro-tip here:  set your hotspot as a "metered connection" in Windows to prevent it from doing that in the future]

There are other conceivable scenarios as well.  Are you 100% sure you haven't used all your plan data?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kevinmcd

I did pm the moderators 24 hours ago with no response.

kevinmcd

I’m on LTE. Under my account is says 0 funds available. Is that correct. I just paid for 90 days 2 weeks ago.

@kevinmcd, there has previously been a glitch with the 3G speed plans not resetting data at renewal time.  Full LTE plans do not seem to be affected by this.  Which specific plan are you on?

If you are on a 3G speed plan, you should send a PM to the moderator_team for help with this issue.

** some users have found that marking your phone as lost for 5-10 minutes, then marking it as found resolves some glitches.  You can try this in the My Account/Self Serve area.

srlawren

@kevinmcd wrote:

Ok.. Ive been a pm customer for about a year. No real issues. A couple of weeks ago I lost the ability to use the internet. I can make and receive calls. APN seems correct. I put a friends telus sim in to test if phone was good. It worked perfectly. So I went and got a new sim car thinking that it myght be faulty. Went on pm website to change sim info. Still not working.

I prepay 90 days at a time. Last payment was a couple of weeks ago.

@kevinmcd is the data in your 90 day plan "3G" speed or full speed?  If you're not sure, here's how to check:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/How-to-tell-data-plan-speed/m-p/173079/... If your plan's data is "3G" speed, there used to be a glitch for 90 day plans on "3G" data where the data bucket would not always reset correctly at renewal time.  I thought this was fixed a while back but maybe not for everyone.  If you're pretty sure you didn't use the full 90 days worth in the time since your last renewal, you may want to reach out to the moderator team for help.  Here's how:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

kevinmcd

If I do a search I get a message. Server not found. If I type in an address it says im offline. It seems like I have no data left but I am paid up til January.

@Anonymous wrote:

@kevinmcd wrote:

yes

@kevinmcd:

Dude...ya gotta be a little more descriptive for anyone to help.

Are you new here?

Did it ever work here?

What plan are you on?

Is it active?

Did you investigate the APN settings?

kevinmcd

Ok.. Ive been a pm customer for about a year. No real issues. A couple of weeks ago I lost the ability to use the internet. I can make and receive calls. APN seems correct. I put a friends telus sim in to test if phone was good. It worked perfectly. So I went and got a new sim car thinking that it myght be faulty. Went on pm website to change sim info. Still not working.

I prepay 90 days at a time. Last payment was a couple of weeks ago.

@kevinmcd wrote:

yes

There has been a couple questions since your previous post...which are you saying yes to?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kevinmcd wrote:

yes

@kevinmcd:

Dude...ya gotta be a little more descriptive for anyone to help.

Are you new here?

Did it ever work here?

What plan are you on?

Is it active?

Did you investigate the APN settings?

kevinmcd

yes

Jmelanio

Have you tried to check the settings -- cellular data -- see if its on or off.

Also try to turn off and on your phone just to sort of refresh and rest your phone.

mimmo

Did data work before if yes it is probably used up.

If you are a new customer then you need to set up the Apn settings

Need Help? Let's chat.