cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot call my voicemail not sure why

Yorkiemama11
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My service hasn’t run out yet, so I am not sure why it won’t let me check my voicemails at all. My phone plan hasn’t run out yet so not sure what’s going on. I try to send a ticket to have someone check this issue for me and both times it gives me “ERROR”. I’m starting to get extremely upset with Public Mobile today. The voicemail I’m trying to check is from my workplace and I can’t even check it. Can someone help me with this ASAP? I work Monday morning. 

21 REPLIES 21

@Yorkiemama11 

No worry, no apology needed.  I certainly understand the stress without a working phone.  It is understandable.  Important thing is to get your issue resolved 

Size you still not able to message support using direct message?  did you try this?

For open ticket with support, let's try try the long way.  Go to this CS_Agent profile page and click Send a Message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437

if it still does not work, kindly post the screenshot

Also, use VOIP app , TextNow, as a workaround to see if you can check voicemail that way

Update:fixed typo only

Yorkiemama11

I do want to say sorry if I’m snappy or rude or whatever but it’s really stressful for myself as I work the following morning at 9am as a housekeeper at a hotel and I get up at 7am and get ready to leave by 8am. I know everyone has their own reasons and schedules etc but for me it’s highly important that I am able to check my voicemail if my boss leaves one for me or if a family member passed away or anything of the sort and I’m working and missed the call. So hope everyone can see that. And trying to fix it tonight while trying to keep up with what’s going on around me plus this site. 

Yorkiemama11

But as I’ve said when asked about my plan I stated twice I have the $50 plan. That’s more then enough to answer the question to be able to see that isn’t the issue. 

Yorkiemama11

First of all, I was frustrated not angry. Second of all if you were in my situation you’d understand why. But I was going to apologize when I had gotten through all the messages on here as I’m trying to keep up with them all and trying to solve my issue before my shift at 9am tomorrow morning at a hotel as I’m a housekeeper and clean the rooms etc. 

@Yorkiemama11- I think you got confused with the several replies. I, personally, me, dust2dust asked you just one question once. Your anger at me is entirely unjustified. Nor was the nice apology from the other user necessary as my "tone" of the original question was completely innocent. You then barked at me unjustifiably and continue to do so.

@Yorkiemama11 wrote:

I already told you twice that I don’t have the $15 plan, I told you

twice I have $50 plan and it’s not run out my plan ends on the 28th of June. I can text and I can receive as well as call out and receive calls but I cannot access my voicemail whatsoever. You asked me twice about my phone plan when I already told you an answer on that. That’s very upsetting telling you twice after saying once, “No I have the $50”. Then I had repeated that to you and you still wanted to ask me one more time. That doesn’t solve the issue. I went into it stating what I did just now in this reply so I won’t repeat the same message. 

@Yorkiemama11 - it is important to know that we are customers and members, just like you here on the community forum. We have no access to your account.

Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This can help with finicky issues, sometimes voicemail ones too. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone: To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode. Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android: Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

If a reset of network does not help, to rule out a device issue, can you move your SIM card into another phone and check your voicemail on that one?

Your error you are receiving when submitting a ticket is through Private Message? Are you using the envelope at the top of your community page to start a new private message to 'CS_agent' ?

@Yorkiemama11  

Apologize on behalf, sometimes, the tone of some members will cause misunderstand

So, you cannot check PM voicemail or cannot call to work voicemail?

if PM VM, try to call the direct VM numbers and see if it works.  Try them both

1-613-581-4001 
1-647-580-4001

For open ticket with support, let's try try the long way.  Go to this CS_Agent profile page and click Send a Message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437

if it still does not work, kindly post the screenshot

Yorkiemama11

I’m in Pembroke ON 

@Yorkiemama11  If your having issues submitting ticket thru chat bot please try 

Message support directly

• while your already here and logged in the community you can send a private message   To CS_Agents click >>>here.<<<

Yorkiemama11

No I wasn’t using the chat box for that, it still had given me the errors. That’s what I was using not chatbox. 

Yorkiemama11

No issues whatsoever, just not sure why everything works for me but I’m not able to access my voicemail and when I try to send a ticket it gives me error more then 10 times. So I don’t know what to do from there. 

Yorkiemama11

I already told you twice that I don’t have the $15 plan, I told you twice I have $50 plan and it’s not run out my plan ends on the 28th of June. I can text and I can receive as well as call out and receive calls but I cannot access my voicemail whatsoever. You asked me twice about my phone plan when I already told you an answer on that. That’s very upsetting telling you twice after saying once, “No I have the $50”. Then I had repeated that to you and you still wanted to ask me one more time. That doesn’t solve the issue. I went into it stating what I did just now in this reply so I won’t repeat the same message. 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Yorkiemama11 

Check to see if there is an outage in your area:

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map 

There seems to be a lot today in BC.

What are you getting mad at me for? I asked a simple question to find out what you had to start us off. Gathering facts. Until support gets back to you, download a voip app like TextNow that does voice as well as text and try to call that voicemail number.

@Yorkiemama11 wrote:

a ticket more then 4 times and it isn’t working all I received is an ERROR.

@Yorkiemama11 

you were using Chatbot to submit and got the error.  But the direct message method I provided would work.  Please try :

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

So, you have the problem to call your PM VM or your work voicemail?

@Yorkiemama11  Check this link out might’ be helpful to you 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ns/get-help/articles/voicemail-faqs

Yorkiemama11

I don’t… I have the $50 I’m not stupid. Ok I’m done asking for help I’ll go elsewhere because you aren’t helping me. 

Yorkiemama11

I have the $50 plan, my phone isn’t out yet as I’m the minutes are fine I receive texts calls and can call and text but I cannot access my voicemail whatsoever. I tried sending a ticket more then 4 times and it isn’t working all I received is an ERROR.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Yorkiemama11   are you on $15 plan with limited minutes?

You cannot call any numbers at all? can you receive incoming calls?

Did you try to reboot your phone once? 

for ticket open with PM support, please message them :

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

For making calls in the meantime, download VoIP app TextNow and make calls via the app first.  It can call any numbers like a real phone.  

Yorkiemama11

No I pay $50 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you on the $15 plan? Perhaps you've used the 100 minutes?

Need Help? Let's chat.