cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't receive text from android user.

JoeBuff
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can send a text from my iPhone to my friends android and the receive it but when they send me one I don't get it, I switched my sim card out with another and I could receive text from my friend I'm guessing its a sim card problem. I receive messages from other iPhone users even with imessage off, call work both ways.

11 REPLIES 11

@JoeBuff wrote:

I put my sim in my sons phone and do not receive the text from our friend but if he puts his sim in my phone he gets the text. Both are IPhone 6s 

@JoeBuff if does seem to be following YOUR SIM doesn't it. But, that seems odd.

Have you moved your SMS messages onto your SIM card, rather than using your phone?

I found this, if you want to try it; that is, if you SMSs are store on your SIM.

esjliv_0-1641696117419.png

EDIT: disregard -  looks like you have your problem fixed ! 👍

HI @JoeBuff   Great to know it is now resolved.  🙂

JoeBuff

Ok this solved it, I had to put in a new android phone so I could turn it off. Thank You

JoeBuff

I put my sim in my sons phone and do not receive the text from our friend but if he puts his sim in my phone he gets the text. Both are IPhone 6s 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JoeBuff 

What colour is your replies bubbles to your friends on iPhones?

Are they blue or green?

If they are green, enable iMessage by going to Settings>Messages>enable iMessage.

@JoeBuff wrote:

yes when i switched out my sim with my sons sim witch is all so a public mobile sim he received messages from the friends phone that mine would not.

@JoeBuff  - okay. 

How about trying to delete this contact completely from your contacts. Then re-add them as a new contact.

You could also try a Reset of the Network Settings on your iphone, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

JoeBuff

yes when i switched out my sim with my sons sim witch is all so a public mobile sim he received messages from the friends phone that mine would not.

JoeBuff

I did just change from android and tried to go back and make sure rcs is turned off but its an old phone that dosent enable chat features so i cant do this. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JoeBuff wrote:

I can send a text from my iPhone to my friends android and the receive it but when they send me one I don't get it, I switched my sim card out with another and I could receive text from my friend I'm guessing its a sim card problem. I receive messages from other iPhone users even with imessage off, call work both ways.

@JoeBuff  - you switched your SIM card out, and put another provider's SIM card in your phone. When you did this your Android friend's text came in then?

When your iMessage is OFF, can you receive from this person?

Try these steps, then test by asking them to send you a text:

1. Connect to the internet using WiFi or Data.
  2. Go to Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage OFF.
  3. Turn your iPhone off completely, then turn it back on.
  4. Go back into Settings > Messages and toggle iMessage ON.
  5. Make sure “Send as SMS” is also turned ON.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @JoeBuff  Were you using Android RCS before?  you just changed from using Android to iPhone?

if so, check this, it might be helpful

https://www.howtogeek.com/701714/psa-turn-off-rcs-before-switching-to-a-new-phone/

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@JoeBuff Is it one friend with Android cannot text you or more than a few? What device are they using? Did they try using another app like the Google Messages? Did you try the sim in any other phone even Android to see if you get a text?

Need Help? Let's chat.