cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't make outgoing calls

Thomasgeist
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello i just bought the 15$ plan for my new pixel 3 at a public mobile booth. The employee installed the sim card and tried to call and it didnt work. He told me this never happenned before and figured there was something wrong with my phone. I came back home, tried to update my phone because i thought this might be the problem but nothing changed. I called the booth and they told me to ask for a solution on here. I don't know what to do please help

9 REPLIES 9

@Thomasgeist  am glad it worked out for you 

Thomasgeist

I found out what i was. I accidentally set my wi-fi calling app as my default phone app. I changed it back to my phone app and everything worked fine. I feel stupid.Thanks for all the quick replies.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Thomasgeist , it sounds like an account provisioning issue.  Contact the moderator team as already suggested. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Thomasgeist I am surprised they let you leave from the PM booth without rectifying the problem maybe trying another sim I guess they wont be anymore helpful than walmart lol

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

You could try doing a phone reset or reboot your phone.  If you still have problems then contact a moderator.

contact moderator team to fix:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Thomasgeist try rebooing your phone a few times maybe reseat your sim if that doesnt work take another number if your not attached to the one you have

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

When you log into your self serve account is it showing as active ?

Try the lost phone trick. Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.

Thomasgeist

I did not port a number. I can receive calls and i can send and receive text messages.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Thomasgeist what does work? did you port a number?

Need Help? Let's chat.