cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I bought the sim card from walmart but the system can not activate my card

lqwishstar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought the sim card from walmart today, but the system can not activate my card.

The person asked me activate my card by myself. I activate my sim card at home, but do I still get $20 credit ? 

14 REPLIES 14

Wolfemom

I bought a different sim card and it activate. I was given back the money for having  buy another one.

Drpropulsion
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Id hardly classify this as a solution. I have the same issue. Walmarts system was down so I couldn't take advantage of the offer. Seems fishy to me. I wonder if anyone got to take advantage of this offer or is the Walmart system always 'down'? Either way its not fair.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hey @Wolfemom typically best to start your own thread and not disclose you personal info (pin)

Best thing is to just future date your plan to get the extra 500 mb on your next renewal.  If you really need that extra 500 mb this month you can ask the mods, not sure their stance on upgrading people since the new plan is open to all.

Wolfemom

I changed my plan from the old $40 plan to new one. Can the plan be put on my phone now. My plan was just paid for on June 25, so l'm only a couple days into this new month. My pin is 0608

@mimmo wrote:

@will13am wrote:

I am feeling like @LEGO, I type way too slow on my phone. 

was home lying in bed sick today 😞  

Get well soon!

lqwishstar

mimmo

You will have to go back to Walmart and try again or try a different Walmart. Don't forget about using a referral to get the bonus $10 referral credit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@lqwishstar, do you need help with the activation process?  If so, just ask!  As for your previous question about the $20 activation credit, if you sign up for a talk/text plan at home, you are not eligible for the $20 credit (as per the original announcement, which can be found here).  The credit only applies if activated at Walmart.  However, there is the $10 referal bonus if you enter a Piublic Mobile member's phone number during your account activation.

lqwishstar

I want to activate my sim card at Walmart to a talk and text plan. But the computer at walmart it didn't work, the person asked me activation at home by myselfWoman Sad

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hi,
If you have any questions concerning your account, just send a private message through the following link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mimmo

@will13am wrote:

was home lying in bed sick today 😞  

@mimmo wrote:

The credit if I rember the promo is for talk and text (no data plans) 

If you have a friend on  pm you can use their number as a referral and get a $10 credit. If you don't have a referral private message someone on the forums I am sure most people would be happy to help.

What exactly is the error message you are getting?  Try incognito mode.  Sometimes if you try to activate and run into an error you might need to wait an hour to reset the session.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@lqwishstar wrote:

I bought the sim card from walmart today, but the system can not activate my card.

The person asked me activate my card by myself. I activate my sim card at home, but do I still get $20 credit ? 

Let me answer the most important question first.  The $20 credit is only for activation at Walmart to a talk and text plan.  Doing the activation at home will not earn the $20.  However, regardless of how you activate, you can get a referral and earn $10. 

With respect to having problems activating at home, it seems like the activation portal can be unkind to some customers.  Try deleting browser cache, using incognito mode to overcome activation portal issues.  You can always try a different browser.  I have always used firefox with good success. 

Finally, shameless plug.  If you do need a referral, I would be happy to assist. 

mimmo

The credit if I rember the promo is for talk and text (no data plans) 

If you have a friend on  pm you can use their number as a referral and get a $10 credit. If you don't have a referral private message someone on the forums I am sure most people would be happy to help.

What exactly is the error message you are getting?  Try incognito mode.  Sometimes if you try to activate and run into an error you might need to wait an hour to reset the session.

Need Help? Let's chat.