cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am not a costumer yet... I have some questions.

Topomonc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have some questions about the PM.

1. What happens if I don't pay for another billing cycle? Do I have to pay extra fees for missing my payment? If I start on Oct. 5 to Nov.4 and I miss the next month payment and pay back on Nov.10 my month starts from Nov.10 or Nov 4 as original plan and i just lose the days from Nov.4 to Nov.10?

2. How much money PM charges to unlock my phone once I want to leave Public Mobile?

Thank you for your help in advance.

10 REPLIES 10

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@VJ1977 current turnaround time seems to be around 2-3 days unforutnately.  Hang in there!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

VJ1977

Thank you. I already did 2days ago, but no one has responded so far  😞

Smiley_Angel

@VJ1977 It happened to me too. I cannot receive incoming calls. All you have to do is send a message to the Moderator_Team and they will fix the problem. 

Paulclayton

If you have a Telus/Koodo locked phone it will work with PM without problems. If you have a phone lockedwith any other provider and you don’t owe money you can get them to give you an unlock code to switch to PM. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@VJ1977 wrote:

Dont switch to this operator! I did and already regret it. The pirting didnt go through properly and I cant get anyone to help. I can call and text, but no one can call or text me back. And there is no CS, no one to resolve the usdue! Waste of money and effords! 

Most of the people here are perfectly satisfied with the service. There would obviously be a silent majority of other people with the service that are apparently also satisfied. Sure yup the account support time lag is awful. But all the other help being provided on this Community forum is terrific.

Sorry to hear you had such a lousy experience. Maybe the hands-on self-serve model wasn't a good fit for you.

VJ1977

Dont switch to this operator! I did and already regret it. The pirting didnt go through properly and I cant get anyone to help. I can call and text, but no one can call or text me back. And there is no CS, no one to resolve the usdue! Waste of money and effords! 

Public Mobile will unlock phones (for free), but only are able to do that  for devices that are locked to the Telus umbrella. 

Topomonc

Thank you guys for your help.

I don't know anyone with a PM service, thanks for the info.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Topomonc, I going to add a bit of extra information on top of the excellent feedback already provided by @Anonymous.  Public Mobile does allow customers to put their accounts into suspension so that they can skip periods of time without payment.  Accounts that are placed in suspension will deactivate after 90 days.  If an account is deactivated, the phone number is lost and the customer is required to start from the beginnning by activating a new account.  While there is very good flexibility, it is not unlimited. 

A very important aspect of this service is the lack of activation fees.  To start an account a $10 fee is charged for the SIM card.  However, by obtaining a referral from an existing customer, this $10 fee is credited it back for use in the next renewal, effectively negating any start up costs. 

To learn more about this service, consult the knowledge base articles. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Topomonc wrote:

Hi,

I have some questions about the PM.

1. What happens if I don't pay for another billing cycle? Do I have to pay extra fees for missing my payment? If I start on Oct. 5 to Nov.4 and I miss the next month payment and pay back on Nov.10 my month starts from Nov.10 or Nov 4 as original plan and i just lose the days from Nov.4 to Nov.10?

2. How much money PM charges to unlock my phone once I want to leave Public Mobile?

Thank you for your help in advance.

@Topomonc, since this is a prepaid service you are never charged 'extras' or late fees, etc.  So, if you are late making a payment, your service will stop, and only resume when you make the payment.  Your cycle will restart on the day you pay.

Since PM does not sell phones, PM does not lock phones.  On top of that, since December of last year, operators are no longer allowed to charge unlocking fees for personal cell phones.

Need Help? Let's chat.