cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Just activated a new line March 23 2015 and my cellphone don't work.

mdline007
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I Just activated a new line March 23 2015 and my cellphone don't work it says, Number out of service..

Public Already took money from my credit card but still no service..   Pls what i need to do to fix my phone..... who do i talk to and is there someone that takes care of tecnical problems??

10 REPLIES 10

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This phone is mostly used by T-Mobile with UMTS frequencies 2100, 1700, 1900, 850

mdline007

sory its a Nokia Lumia 521 and yes i put my other Public mobile chip and it works fine with my other line not the new that says inactive #

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@chukdefatey 

I think they may have meant the Nokia Lumia 520, which TELUS did sell as a prepaid phone but it's possible there's a model not compatible with the network as well

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@mdline007 wrote:

Sorry i forgot to put more details about my new line with public M, Its my first time dealing with celly CS online, i figured you'll have my info already or something like that... anyhow.

Its a new line and the phone its a Nokia 529 unlocked. Its my second Public phone i activating for a friend my previous phone have CS by dialing *611 on my cell...so they can’t help me with my new line besides when I called first time and somehow they managed to change my number cause the first number they gave me, someone else was answering when I was dialing my number… now the second number they gave me, it says it’s an inactive number. Now I have an inactive number and when I called back by dialing *611 on my previous phone, CS don’t even understand how did the first CS managed to change my number in the first place, since my CS is only online apparently O_o.

I’ll try emailing them and see what happens.

tnx

I tried to look up Nokia 529 Specs but couldn't find anything, Are you sure your Nokia 529 is Compatible with Publicmobile's HSPA/+ 850/1900 MHz Network?

mdline007

thank you so much i really hope it will resolve soon.

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@mdline007 we received your email and escalated the issue to our support team.Thank you for your patience!

mdline007

Sorry i forgot to put more details about my new line with public M, Its my first time dealing with celly CS online, i figured you'll have my info already or something like that... anyhow.

Its a new line and the phone its a Nokia 529 unlocked. Its my second Public phone i activating for a friend my previous phone have CS by dialing *611 on my cell...so they can’t help me with my new line besides when I called first time and somehow they managed to change my number cause the first number they gave me, someone else was answering when I was dialing my number… now the second number they gave me, it says it’s an inactive number. Now I have an inactive number and when I called back by dialing *611 on my previous phone, CS don’t even understand how did the first CS managed to change my number in the first place, since my CS is only online apparently O_o.

I’ll try emailing them and see what happens.

tnx

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
@PM, This is getting beyond ridiculous every day we see threads like these. I can just imagine how many people don't bother posting. So please fix these issues. People feel like they have been taken advantage of when they paid for a service and are not getting anything in return

CET_GUY27
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Would also be useful to know what type of phone as well as if it was purchased from another carrier

Griff
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @mdline007 

You can contact Public Mobile directly via the Contact Us page by clicking on the "Email Away" button on the lower right hand side.

Community users might be able to assisst you as well, were you porting-in a previously existing number from another carrier or did you pick a brand new cell phone number?

Need Help? Let's chat.