cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I Am Livid

dogveryangry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Okay.

This saga of frustration began this morning, when I woke up to realize my phone had been shut off. I am on Autopay, so this was strange. I only realized once I'd left home - I tried to manually pay through the automatic phone system, but my card kept getting declined. When I got home, same issue online.

I then realized my card number had been changed to some other card, I have no idea who or what it is, or why this happened. Changed the card, and got all paid up.

Now, keep in mind, through this entire online process, the website response was absolutely atrocious. Minutes and minutes waiting at portals, logins kicking me out and back on, all this ridiculously poor design flaws that any coder worth their salt should have dealt with Day 1, and yet still, this website remains absolutely awful.

My next problem began when I realized that I didn't know my Username, and furthermore, that the PM site itself doesn't seem to have a firm definition of what a Username is. See, in the account section labeled "Change Username", the PM site insists that a Username is a full email address, and will only let you change your username to another email address. However, the Community sign-in (A separate process, for yet another unbelievably stupid reason this website requires you to sign into the 'community' board separately from your actual account) believes a Username to be a single word or phrase, and NOT an email.

Do you see the connundrum here? I can't change my Username to anything that isn't an email, and the Community won't accept an email as a Username. And of course, PM doesn't have any sort of dedicated response team, phone number, or anything to contact -- my only option is to post on the forums.

So I had to make a completely separate forum account to post to a bunch of folks who likely can't really help secure my account at all.

Seriously, did a child design this website? How are all these issues unnoticed? How did it take me 2 hours to get this simple issue fixed on my own? And now that they're fixed, who do I even talk to about securing my account? Does anyone even have record of another computer logging into my account and changing my credit card number? Is there even a hint of safety features in this entire stupid system?

Jesus christ. 

TLDR: PM is absolute garbage.

8 REPLIES 8

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dogveryangry yes 2FA should be an option for self-serve log in.  I'm guessing PM can't really use SMS for this since, if you're having a service issue or your phone plan has expired and you need to log in to make a payment, you would be unable to receive the code over SMS.  That said, something like Google Authenticator could be used (and is always my preference anyway).

I wanted to touch on a few things in your original post:

1) There is a reason the community login is separate.  Many people come here to the community before they actually become customers, and they need to be able to register here and ask questions and so on.  This really is a 1-time "issue" for everyone, since once you've registered on both systems you never have to do it again.  And to be honest, for most people, this is no more than a very minor inconvenience.  I suspect it would be for you too if you weren't already [understandably] upset by the core issue.

2) The support model here can be frustrating but it is what it is and, is a big part of how PM can offer relatively inexpensive plan prices.  I'm not making excuses, just trying to provide some context.  You can read more about how to get help here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-to-Get-Help/ta-p/251745

3) The credit card issue is very strange and disturbing indeed.  I hope you hear back from the moderator team soon and they can provide a suitable explanation or assurance.  If not, as @ShawnC13 noted, you can of course port your number out to another provider at any point.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

dogveryangry

There are about a million different ways to ensure account security other than changing passwords and usernames.

@ShawnC13 wrote:
@Luddite wrote:

@dogveryangry  This was a mess caused by PM's "systems" that you fixed; congrats.

Now, I'm confused about what you would like to do now?

The OP stated that his credit card number on file had been changed without his knowledge and wants to be able to secure the account from it happening again.

Beyond changing username/password combo don't see how that is possible with any system? 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Luddite wrote:

@dogveryangry  This was a mess caused by PM's "systems" that you fixed; congrats.

The OP stated that his credit card number on file had been changed without his knowledge and wants to be able to secure the account from it happening again.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@dogveryangry wrote:

Okay.

This saga of frustration began this morning, when I woke up to realize my phone had been shut off. I am on Autopay, so this was strange. I only realized once I'd left home - I tried to manually pay through the automatic phone system, but my card kept getting declined. When I got home, same issue online.

I then realized my card number had been changed to some other card, I have no idea who or what it is, or why this happened. Changed the card, and got all paid up.

Now, keep in mind, through this entire online process, the website response was absolutely atrocious. Minutes and minutes waiting at portals, logins kicking me out and back on, all this ridiculously poor design flaws that any coder worth their salt should have dealt with Day 1, and yet still, this website remains absolutely awful.

My next problem began when I realized that I didn't know my Username, and furthermore, that the PM site itself doesn't seem to have a firm definition of what a Username is. See, in the account section labeled "Change Username", the PM site insists that a Username is a full email address, and will only let you change your username to another email address. However, the Community sign-in (A separate process, for yet another unbelievably stupid reason this website requires you to sign into the 'community' board separately from your actual account) believes a Username to be a single word or phrase, and NOT an email.

Do you see the connundrum here? I can't change my Username to anything that isn't an email, and the Community won't accept an email as a Username. And of course, PM doesn't have any sort of dedicated response team, phone number, or anything to contact -- my only option is to post on the forums.

So I had to make a completely separate forum account to post to a bunch of folks who likely can't really help secure my account at all.

Seriously, did a child design this website? How are all these issues unnoticed? How did it take me 2 hours to get this simple issue fixed on my own? And now that they're fixed, who do I even talk to about securing my account? Does anyone even have record of another computer logging into my account and changing my credit card number? Is there even a hint of safety features in this entire stupid system?

Jesus christ. 

TLDR: PM is absolute garbage.

Sorry to hear what you went through but glad you were able to resolve it on your own as many can't.  Not to add to your frustration but to have any account related discussion you will need to private message the moderator team for support on that.  Yes all these issue have been noticed and brought up many many times and it is sad that they still exist. Remember the best part of PM is that you aren't tied into a long term phone plan or Tab on a new phone to pay off if you leave.  So if the service isn't satisfactory to you, you are able to leave anytime you want.

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.  In your message please include:

- PM Phone Number

- 4 digit PIN (or at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)

- account number

- date of birth

- complete address listed on account with postal code

- email address on account

- most commonly called numbers

- alternate number listed on the account

- last payment date and amount

- last 4 digits of the credit card

-Detailed explanation

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dogveryangry

Thanks very much, this is much appreciated.

Poogzley
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Your best option at this point is probably to contact the @CS_Agent by private message [link].

It is unfortunate that this is the only way to receive support from PM, I sometimes wish that PM had a phone number to contact them even if this would be an extra paid service it would definitely be worth it.

Need Help? Let's chat.