cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hurricane Relief

Peterandemily
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi. We are located on PEI, which has been devastated by Hurricane Fiona, and have been without power for 5 days and our data is getting low. We are wondering if Public Mobile is offering additional free data like the other major telecommunications companies? Our plan it is currently one of the only ways we can communicate with loved ones efficiently and would we appreciate any relief that Public Mobile can give. 

11 REPLIES 11

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Peterandemily 

Not sure whether you got the text from Public mobile

Use promo code 2GBFiona  for free 2GB data add on. 

@JL9 wrote:

I am surprised there hasn't been word, one way or the other on this, I am going to assume there will be an update either way this week ...fingers crossed

I'm not suprised.  If they were going to do it, this new would be all over the place now.  If the answer is no, the certainly wouldnt  be an announcement to say that.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

I am surprised there hasn't been word, one way or the other on this, I am going to assume there will be an update either way this week ...fingers crossed

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

There are plenty of reasons why someone could need mobile data in a circumstance like this... Especially over 5 days. More and more info is online. 

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

PM has been silent on this unfortunately. Maybe there is some value in moving to a tier 2 carrier like Virgin Mobile, for this and many other reasons. 

Again I do understand but you had said "only ways we can communicate with loved ones efficiently". That is not the FB problem. Are they really only using FB to inform their citizens? While of course it would need the internet as well but don't they have a web site with all the updates?

Peterandemily

Thank you. I did reach out to an agent. A lot of the provincial emergency announcements are made via Facebook live posts so we really do value the data we need to see these. 

Peterandemily

Thank you. I did reach out to the agent. A lot of the provincial emergency announcements are made via Facebook live posts so we really do value the data we need to see these. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I doubt you it will not hurt to ask agent. Do not expect much as PM is low budget provider even though it belongs to Telus.

But, giving some extras to our fellow citizens at East Coast will enhance its image and make them 'good guys'. Do not be shy, ask agent and if many people ask maybe PM/Telus will give up and do something for you guys.

To contact CSA-agent, there are 2 methods:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

If ticketing does not work very first time, contact agent directly.

- Send a private message to the CSA - agent by clicking Here

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I sympathize with what you all have gone through and currently experiencing but...you don't need data to communicate. You just need cell service. Can you text? Can you call? I would say it's beyond a luxury to be video-calling people in these kinds of emergency situations. If you're using an iphone then you would need to make some adjustments for imessage to use proper standard SMS messaging.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@Peterandemily hi sorry there has been no mention of it here 😞

Need Help? Let's chat.