cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huawei P20 Pro

Tduggan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have read other postings that state Huawei P20 Pro works for public Mobile. However, when I start the process of phone verification Huawei is listed but the model P20 Pro is not available to select. What does one do here? 

6 REPLIES 6

11ab104

Answering this question from a Huawei P20 Pro phone with public mobile connection. This works wonderfully.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@Tduggan wrote:

I have read other postings that state Huawei P20 Pro works for public Mobile. However, when I start the process of phone verification Huawei is listed but the model P20 Pro is not available to select. What does one do here? 

Saying p20 pro might not be enough info. Phone companies can make different vatiations of the model and not all might be compatible.  What is the exact model number?

@Tduggan 

Checked the specs on the phone:

https://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_p20_pro-9106.php

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

It will work with Public mobile.  

When you activate your new account, you don't need to put in your actual model phone or even IME with activation.  It justs activates the SIM card.  You just put the SIM card in your phone afterwards once activated.

Are you talking about this?

Screenshot_20190905_214917.jpg

Tduggan

Thank you. However that doesn't help me proceed. In order to set up an account you need to verify the phone compatibility and as the drop down doesn't give the model I can't move forward. 

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

I'm using P20 Pro right now so I can confirm it does work. Also have a few P20's on Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.