Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer from PM to other carriers without network access?

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hello everyone,

I am currently in China and have a Public Mobile SIM card. However, since PM does not support Wi-Fi calling or roaming in China, I am unable to join the network and cannot receive or send SMS.

I have another mobile phone that is compatible with eSIM, and I am considering switching to a provider that supports eSIM. However, according to this Public Mobile article, transfers can get stuck due to the inability to receive SMS. 

Could anyone advise me on how to successfully complete the transfer process in this situation? Thank you for your help!


Mayor / Maire


Public Mobile supports e-Sim as well. 

Yes, your public mobile service needs to be able to receive the SMS Port authorization text if you are moving your number from public mobile to elsewhere, so if you're outside Canada and the US, you won't receive this text.

You could reach out to Public Mobile's customer support team and see if they're able to assist you otherwise:

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

  1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here to create a support ticket, then type Customer Support Agent, then Contact Us,  or
  2. Send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.


Need Help? Let's chat.