Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transfer a TELUS shared plan

stuges2000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

6 REPLIES 6

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

This may be implied in another response, but I think it requires clarification. With Telus, one plan has all the data and the other plan shows none. If you port the one WITH the data on it and continue to use the other plan, even for a short time, that data will be treated as an overage.

So my advice is to go into your My Telus account, find which one has the data connected to it, and close the other one first. I'd wait until that one ports sucessfully before porting the other one. This is the safest way and the way I wish I had done it. Bye bye to another $20 bucks:(

There will be no cancellation fees on a consumer plan from Telus, you will just have to pay off any remain balance on a device(s) subsidy.

Easy peasy, lemon squeeze!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stuges2000 

When you port a number from a share plan, your share plan account will remain open as long as you have 1 number in it.  But you may be still paying the same monthly payment ot Telus.  If the number you want to port to PM is still in a contract, Telus will apply pentaly on your next Telus invoice.

To port a number out, that number must be active.  Don't cancel your number at Telus.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@stuges2000  If you want to transfer both numbers then activate the PM sim card for the secondary account holder first and do the port. Once that is competed then activate the PM sim for the main account holder and setup the port. Once both numbers are ported the Telus account will automatically close.

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

To PM? You don't. You get a PM specific plan when you sign up. You can only transfer (port) a number into PM, not plans offered by other service providers.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@stuges2000  hi first thing you should do is find out what are the ramifications for dropping your plan with telus then if all is ok you have to purchase sims and open each new line with separate email accounts since there are no family plans here

Need Help? Let's chat.