Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to switch to public Mobile

Johnboy1966
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am currently with koodo prepaid I was wondering how do I switch

3 REPLIES 3

Looks like it is post paid.

@Johnboy1966 I was a koodo prepaid customer previously and ported that number over to PM almost 2 years ago. Best decision I could have made.

It's fairly easy once you have the sim card. I just did step by step through the self serve account. The only issue for me was the porting of the number took longer than the average time so I had the initial number given me by PM until then.

Otherwise went off without a hitch immediately. 

Welcome to the team 😉

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@MacMe those instructions only work for Koodo post-paid accounts.

@Johnboy1966 is your Koodo account pre-paid, or post-paid?  If it's post-paid, please follow what @MacMe has said.  If it's pre-paid, please send a private message to the moderator team to ask them to port your number over.  Here's the details in case you need them:

Spoiler
How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue
If you have a Porting issue [or request], please also include:
  • The number you want to port, PM sim number, old account number, old account name exacly as on bill
Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:
  • Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount
How long until they reply?:
  • Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.
Additional Useful Information:
  • Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This link should help you:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started

After you buy your SIM card and activate it, you can select the plan you want and then port your number over.

Need Help? Let's chat.