cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to register my sim card replacement?

marywaterman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been with public mobile for about a year. Started having issues with my iphone 7plus saying no sim. Was able to reset it a few times. Doesn't last long until problem returns. Touch screen doesn't work properly when this happens. I just bought a new PM sim card in hopes to replace the other one. How do I register my new sim card without creating a whole new account? 

9 REPLIES 9

I remain. Don’t register the new SIM just yet. 

Prove if the one you have works or doesn’t work in a different phone. Test phone needs to be unlocked or on Telus. 😀

And just a thought as per @DOA comment. Has your phone been recently repaired....like a new screen or battery? Or recently dropped?

Is the phone still under Apple care or warranty? Although stores are closed, if you call you may get a replacement just because of the conditions we are currently in. 

iPhone 7’s have issues. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@marywaterman 

In your place I would first try to figure out if it's sim or phone before proceeding.

Clean your sim with alcohol.

Borrow a friend's or family member phone and sim 

Test their sim in your phone and your sim in theirs. Give it some time to figure out which one fails first. Then proceed

DOA
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi Mary,

I'm going to be quite contrary to what the other posters are advising and say replace the SIM since you already have it and it's only 5 bucks these dark days.

However, since you say the touch screen doesn't work properly when this happens, it's probably not the SIM.

You don't say what kind of reset you've done, but try hard and factory resets.  Just google the terms.  Be sure to backup your phone before the factory reset, because it wipes the device.

If that doesn't work, it could be a loose screen connector on the main board.  Take it to a reliable Apple repair shop.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@marywaterman  I don't think that is a sim problem sounds like it might be an antenna problem with your phone. If your phone hardware is not the issue then it would be a good idea to submit a ticket to PM and ask them to reset your account in the hopes that it will fix the issue. Save your sim.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Like others are saying..........don’t register that new SIM card yet. 

See this below. 

If you see 'invalid SIM' or 'no SIM' on your iPhone or iPad

If you get an alert that says Invalid SIM or No SIM Card installed, follow these steps.

1. Make sure that you have an active plan with your wireless carrier. 
  2. Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS.
  3. Restart your iPhone or iPad.
  4. Check for a carrier settings update. Go to Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you'll see a prompt to select OK or Update.
  5. Remove your SIM card from the SIM card tray and then put the SIM card back. Make sure that the SIM tray closes completely and isn’t loose. If you use a SIM tray from a different model iPhone, iPad, or from another phone manufacturer, it might not fit properly.
  6. Try using another SIM card. If you don't have one, go to your carrier's retail store and ask them to test with another SIM card. You might need to replace your SIM card.

If you still see an alert about your SIM card, contact Apple support.

Learn what to do if you see a SIM not supported alert.

@gblackma wrote:

@marywaterman before you replace your SIM card, could you please place the current SIM into another phone if possible? The problem may be with your iPhone, not the SIM. Thanks. 

To change your SIM card, log into your self service account , under my profile, choose change SIM card,  enter the new 19 digit pin and submit.

@marywaterman...I'd also try your sim a different phone before replacing the sim. The sim cards are usually pretty robust...not many comments about them failing prematurely...unless they get tampered with.

Let us know how you resolve.

marywaterman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok I will give that a try and report back

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try these steps to see if you can get your phone to recognize your sim.

https://www.lifewire.com/when-iphone-says-no-sim-2000284

1. Log into your Self-Serve account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-ons > Change SIM card

Triguy_0-1584900573782.png

1. Enter your new SIM card number into the field. Your SIM card number is found on the back of your SIM card, as outlined in the image below:

Triguy_1-1584900573785.png

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@marywaterman before you replace your SIM card, could you please place the current SIM into another phone if possible? The problem may be with your iPhone, not the SIM. Thanks. 

To change your SIM card, log into your self service account , under my profile, choose change SIM card,  enter the new 19 digit pin and submit.

Need Help? Let's chat.