cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make sure Community Account is linked to My Account?

allagelman
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Both emails on file have to match or is there anything else have to do?

Reason for this: Want to ensure its all properly linked so any community rewards will find its way to My Account. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

MahadE
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Both emails have to be the same to receive rewards and will be linked.

@allagelman 

Did you validate your community account email address?

@esjliv wrote:

@allagelman wrote:

Reason for this: Want to ensure its all properly linked so any community rewards will find its way to My Account. Thanks

@allagelman  - ensure the same upper or lower case (for each character) is used in both the Community AND Self Serve account emails. It has been reported, if they are not exactly the same then Community Awards may not be awarded properly. So ensure these are the same.

That is true @esjliv 

In reality/practice, it's likely the Service Account that will have been generated first with a genuine/valid e-mail address. (or at least, i believe it has to be valid - anyone know if the e-mail address can be unregistered yet still result in a successful Public Mobile activation?)

When a user subsequently creates a Community account, the user must make sure they've used the EXACT e-mail address they used for the Service Account.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@allagelman wrote:

@allagelman  - ensure the same upper or lower case (for each character) is used in both the Community AND Self Serve account emails. It has been reported, if they are not exactly the same, then Community Awards may not be awarded properly. So ensure these are the same.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@allagelman wrote:

Nope, that's it @allagelman 

Just MAKE SURE, if you ever have to change one that you also change the other.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

HI @allagelman  

Yes, email used in Community and My Account must be the same for PM to distribute the Community reward

If one of them is different, it is easier to change email used on  Community account, you can do it yourself.  But  if you need to change the email on  My Account, you will need CS Agent's help

Anonymous
Not applicable

@allagelman 

your account Self-Serve same email with account community..to you received rewards.

Need Help? Let's chat.