cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete old account so that I can create a new one?

pubmoduser
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was signed up with PM last spring. I stopped in May and now that I'm back in Canada, I want to sign up again.

I tried to log in but couldn't. Being told that "login is disabled" on my account. Contacted Mod and she told me that I had to buy a new SIM. No problem. Go to Walmart and buy one.

But I still can't sign in to my old acct, and when I try to make a new acct, I can't use the same email address because my old acct is already using it. I can't find any way of deleting the old account and I can't log into it.

What do I do? I should not have to create a whole new email address just to deal with this.

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Juliechaves1283 : Do you mean a recent activation? Or did you have an account some time ago and want to re-use some information from it?

A while ago, they made it so that email addresses used on a prior account could be re-used.

Or do you mean a community account? You could ask to change the username but since it's new, just change the email address on it to some fake email address and then create another one and let this one become abandoned.

For My Account?  you want to create a new one with another email address?  Some people here do it that way.  After all is set and phone service is activated, then open a ticket to have Mod to change back to the old email you want to use

Juliechaves1283
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I delete my old account and create a new one

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pubmoduser see Mary post above. She might be able to manually delete you old account.

Thanks @Mary_M for the clarification/explanation.

I went through this myself when I rejoined Public Mobile summer 2016.

I created a new activation account, setup my service, did my port... the whole shabang..

Once done, changed back to my old email 🙂  Worked smoothly.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @mimmo,

Even though an account is deactivated, it's not completely deleted from the back-end system immediately. It does take some time (I couldn't tell you exactly how long) but this would be the reason why the same email address can't be used. We could *try* to manually erase it, just send me a private message and I'll be more than happy to give it a try.

Let me know if you have any other questions 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

mimmo

@Mary_M   are you saying that accounts after 90 days are simply deactivated, and not deleted? 

I can understand the pre 90 days keeping the info just in case of reactivation, but once (after 90 days)  the  old number is removed from the account,  I can't see why the personal info isn;t also  deleted.    it makes it harder for someone such as the OP to signup again who might only have one email address. 

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @pubmoduser,

thank you for getting in touch with us !

All Public Mobile accounts are automatically deactivated by the system after 90 days of non payment, this is standard policy and there is no way to bypass it.  In this case, a new account, using a new email/sim card and phone number must be created. Your previously used email address is still linked to your deactivated account, and because it is no longer active, we can't change it - therefor you will need to activate with a different email address.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

closng
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @pubmoduser,

You should contact the @CS_Agent to assist you with this problem. I agree with you that you should not have to re-create a new account to reactivate your service.

Here is the link to send a message to the Moderators:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mimmo

I thought accounts were deleted after 90 days... if using gmail you can add a + sign ie email+1@gmail.com and that will go to the orriginal gmail account.  of you can try messaging the mods again saying you have a new sim and would like to use your email again. (different mod might have a different solution)

Need Help? Let's chat.