cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to confirm my account number?

Huangwy3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am in the process of transferring my number from public mobile to fido as my services have been very bad. I was wondering how i can confirm my account number? I have given them my account number but they are unable to send the transfer due it being invalid.

11 REPLIES 11

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Huangwy3 wrote:

I am in the process of transferring my number from public mobile to fido as my services have been very bad. I was wondering how i can confirm my account number? I have given them my account number but they are unable to send the transfer due it being invalid.

@Huangwy3  - Is your Public Mobile account currently in ACTIVE status?

It will need to be if you want to port the phone number over to FIDO.

If it is suspended, then change the plan to the lowest available plan of $15, then reactivate it. 

Then you can port it over.

@will13am wrote:

@Huangwy3 wrote:

I have multiple times

Please double check against the number showing on the upper right corner in the self serve account.  

@Huangwy3 

Further to @will13am post, it is specifically here in the white box (mine's edited out, of course):

HALIMACS_0-1640795918972.png

Oh, I did need to strikethrough @Anonymous 

I failed to review the posted replies.   Tsk, tsk, tsk on me....  😏

Anonymous
Not applicable

@HALIMACS : When multiple replies are within a few minutes then sometimes just saying things differently clicks better with some readers. I don't think you needed to strikeout.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Huangwy3 

The number is also embedded in the "TO" line of the initial welcome e-mail you received from Public Mobile waaaay back when you activated.

EDIT:  Or, as @Anonymous just pointed out.  😉

2nd EDIT:   @Huangwy3 

Another thought (would seek diverse input from others), have you tried using the account number with JUST the last 7 or 8 digits, not all the 14 digits.   I would surmise that other provider account number fields may not reach a 14 character limit.   

Thoughts all?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Huangwy3 : Another place is if you still have the welcome email from here from when you activated, the account # is embedded in the To:. You might need to open headers.

@Huangwy3 wrote:

I have multiple times

Please double check against the number showing on the upper right corner in the self serve account.  

@Huangwy3 wrote:

I have multiple times

@Huangwy3 

See if you can use your IMEI instead.

Huangwy3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have multiple times

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Huangwy3 wrote:

@Huangwy3 

Try sending the number again. Be careful there are lots of zeros in there.

Need Help? Let's chat.