cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to cancel?

SusieQ20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, just set up a new account but clerk at kiosk screwed up and I can't create a self-serve account. I have sent 2 private messages to the Moderator team with no respnse. I figure the only way to fix this is to cancel my service and then sign up again. It has onky been 4 days so I will wait until the end of the month's plan so I don’t lose the money. How do I go about cancelling? I set up autopay on my credit card. I cannot do anything online because it won't ket me set up a self-serve account...says number invalid. Thanks in advance.

11 REPLIES 11

@SusieQ20 wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

The clerk at the kiosk must have set something up but when my son returned to the kiosk the clerk said he "doesn't remember". Apparently this kiosk just started with PM. The account was for my son. My son was not given a pin, was not asked to set up a password, was not asked a security question. I gave my credit card info over the phone to the clerk as I am paying for it. He told my son what his new phone number was and said that he was good to go. He gave my son nothing. ..no printout or anything. Because of the lack of info, we can't get help from anyone. I feel the only solution is to cancel and then set up another new account. Will we need another new SIM card for that too?. 

@SusieQ20 

If you signed up for autopay for the account, the only way to cancel the account is to remove autopay.  Since you can't access your self service account, you will need moderator help.  Moderators should be able to help, but it look like there is a delay in response to your issue.  Officially, it can take up to 48 hours for response, but the response time is usually quicker.  If you don't hear back from moderator by this afternoon, you may want to contact moderator again.  

You will need another SIM card to activate another account.  

SusieQ20

Thanks for your reply.

The clerk at the kiosk must have set something up but when my son returned to the kiosk the clerk said he "doesn't remember". Apparently this kiosk just started with PM. The account was for my son. My son was not given a pin, was not asked to set up a password, was not asked a security question. I gave my credit card info over the phone to the clerk as I am paying for it. He told my son what his new phone number was and said that he was good to go. He gave my son nothing. ..no printout or anything. Because of the lack of info, we can't get help from anyone. I feel the only solution is to cancel and then set up another new account. Will we need another new SIM card for that too?. 

Hi again @SusieQ20 

You are the only one who can setup the selfserve account

The only thing you need is access to your phone as they will send you sms with your code and you have to know the email that was used during the sim activation

It is part of sim activation when you do it by yourself, bit it's an extra step when you activate in the store, the store form doesn't contain that part.

Just give it a wait, mods will be able to help

Where did you send the message

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 ?

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@SusieQ20 

Did you get the printout after setting up account?

If they misspelled address it's ok you can still register with such login and have moderators change it to the correct one.

It's best to wait and not send too many messages to mods it may delay response if more than one mod gets assigned the same problem then they have to consolidate

If there's no response for 72 hours then contact them again

No need to cancel your account really, you are due $14 credit in 26 days if you used referral, if you didn't get a referral code from a friend and ask mods to add it for you

If you cancel you will not get back what you paid for you will not get credit towards your new account either and you will miss on your credits, I really see no benefit in it

Welcome to public mobile

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@SusieQ20  Cancel by calling 611 and turning off autopay. Your account will be closed with no further charges 90 days after your next renewal date. 
Hope the moderators can sort out your account before then. 
If you try to set up a new account use a different email address. 

@SusieQ20  the only way to set up autopay is in your self serve account so the person at Kiosk cannot do this for you.

They only activate sim card and take your one time payment.

Unless you gave him the go ahead to actually set up a self serve account?? Cause they don't typically do this as that means they'd be creating the account and choosing a password (to log into your account) and your pin.

So did they do all that? 

SusieQ20

Thanks for your reply.

Autopay was set up by the clerk at the kiosk. After being unsuccessful, we went back to the kiosk, he didn't remember setting anything up. When we went to set up self-serve, it comes up invalid number. Folks at the kiosk couldn’t help...said we had to go to "higherups".  The only way that we know we are on autopay is that In an email from PM we were told we were on autopay. I also checked and my credit card has been charged. I figured "higherups" would be the moderators but they have not responded and it has been almost 48 and 24 hours since I sent my 2 private messages. The only solution I can think of is to cancel at the end of the pay period and start over with a new account.....so frustrating as I am trying to help my son with it in a different province. Oh well, I will keep trying. I have been at this constantly for 3 days now.

Thank you for your help though.

@SusieQ20   contact the moderators directly through private message here, explain what jappened and ask them to help you set up a self service account. Or if yoou have already set one up a temporary password to your self service account.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@SusieQ20  I found another thread of yours.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Retail/Really-frustrated/m-p/568916

Referral not a big deal moderators can manually add that part.

My question however is.. on link of your other post you also said you can't create a self serve account.

There is no way to set up autopay without having a self serve account. So I am confused as to why you're saying you set up autopay? Did you maybe create an account? Thanks.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Can you explain the issue you're having?

Here's the link to create a self serve account.

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

What happens when you try?

Public mobile is a prepaid service that you pay in advance for. So cancelling would not get you a refund.

If you set up autopay and CA t get into your account you can dial 611 and remove autopay. 

Then at next payment due date since there is no money the account will go to Suspended status and 90 days in that status it will be deleted. 

Moderators are usually quick to respond. Did you send them a Private message at link below??

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@SusieQ20 wrote:

Hi, just set up a new account but clerk at kiosk screwed up and I can't create a self-serve account. I have sent 2 private messages to the Moderator team with no respnse. I figure the only way to fix this is to cancel my service and then sign up again. It has onky been 4 days so I will wait until the end of the month's plan so I don’t lose the money. How do I go about cancelling? I set up autopay on my credit card. I cannot do anything online because it won't ket me set up a self-serve account...says number invalid. Thanks in advance.

Hi @SusieQ20 , 
1-Are you porting a phone number?

2-Did your credit card get charged?

If you already submitted a ticket with the Moderator_Team I would wait a bit longer in hopes they get your account straightened out.

Need Help? Let's chat.