cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate an old SIM card & use it in Eastern EU

Peter92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone

I have a Public Mobile SIM card with number 1 xxxxxx77 . This SIM card is old and deactivated. Since I am spending a lot of time traveling EU I would like to start using this card again. Could you please tell me how can I 1. pay (with VISA card) 2. Select plan and 3. Activate this SIM card again ? Thank you very much

4 REPLIES 4

@Peter92 wrote:

Thank you very much (Its around 20 months old)

This SIM is no longer usable.  Once an account is deactivated 90 days after suspension, you gotta start all over from the beginning with a new SIM card. 

Peter92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you very much (Its around 20 months old)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peter92 wrote:

Hello everyone

I have a Public Mobile SIM card with number xxxxxxxxxx. This SIM card is old and deactivated. Since I am spending a lot of time traveling EU I would like to start using this card again. Could you please tell me how can I 1. pay (with VISA card) 2. Select plan and 3. Activate this SIM card again ? Thank you very much

How old and deactivated? When was the last time you used that number on that SIM? Read the above post carefully. It has everything you need to know.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@Peter92 wrote:

Hello everyone

I have a Public Mobile SIM card with number 1 77 ****. This SIM card is old and deactivated. Since I am spending a lot of time traveling EU I would like to start using this card again. Could you please tell me how can I 1. pay (with VISA card) 2. Select plan and 3. Activate this SIM card again ? Thank you very much

Public mobile does not have service in Eastern Europe. The only roaming options are in United states. Outside of Canada/USA public mobile is non functional.

Sims are also deactivated / dead after a period of time either the account has been suspended / not used for 90 days (I've heard rumors you can re-activate the sim with special request within 365days but not sure about this). Either way that phone number is no longer yours, and its no longer associated with that old dead sim.

https://datago.co/ or http://www.onesimcard.com/international-sim-card/ or go to google and buy a prepaid europe plan + sim... get the correct sim card, for the correct service in Eastern Europe. Make sure your phone is unlocked and supports whatever frequency that provider will use in Europe.

Need Help? Let's chat.