cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access my messages internationally?

rodela
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I am currently in Malaysia for vacation and am unable to get my verification code for Instagram sent to my WhatsApp account which is registered under Public mobile sim card. As my number is Canada use only and does not support roaming service internationally I have no way to access my messages. In this case, what can I do? I won’t be back in Canada before the 6th of next month. Is there any way to solve this issue? Whatsapp will not send verification code via email due to security reasons.

15 REPLIES 15

@rodela oh.. thats why

and any if the ways here help??

https://help.instagram.com/1006568999411025

@softech wrote:

@rodela whaysapp should work on WiFi even when you are overseas.. Better to have PM sim card still in tje phone 

I'm assuming that the customer only has one cell phone device but wants to use that device for a SIM card purchased while travelling.

rodela

I had to redownload the app and lost the account in the process so I must activate it again 😕 

@rodela whatsapp should work on WiFi even when you are overseas.. Better to have PM sim card still in the phone 

@rodela wrote:

Hi, how can I go about doing that? How could someone else have permission to get access to my sim card and send me my verification code? Alternatively, I was thinking to ship my sim card through a courier service to my dad in Canada but that's unnecessarily expensive and hectic however if that's the only choice I have I am willing to. 

You would need to have someone buy a new Public Mobile SIM card for you.  They are availabled at corporately owned Telus and Koodo stores. You would need to give your dad permission to go into your account and do a SIM card swap.  However, to get into your Self Serve account, your dad would need a verification code sent by Public Mobile to your e-mail address.  After all that has been completed,  your dad would need to insert your new Public Mobile SIM card into a compatible phone.  You would then request the Whatsapp code again. After your dad receives the Whatsapp code, he would need to provide it to you.

rodela

Verifying your phone number with a registration code is the only way you can activate your account.

To complete the registration process and activate your account, your device must:
* Have an active SIM card for the number you’re activating. Unsupported phone numbers, such as VoIP, landlines, toll-free, paid premium numbers, universal access numbers (UAN), shared cost, and personal numbers can’t be registered on WhatsApp. Make sure you enter your phone number in full international format.

• Have a stable internet and cellular connection to receive SMS and/or phone calls for the phone number you’re activating. If you’re abroad, you must be able to receive international SMS and/or phone calls. If you're abroad and roaming, keep in mind that this might incur extra charges.

Note: If you have a prepaid line, make sure you have enough balance to receive SMS or phone calls.

Once you’ve confirmed the requirements are met, follow the troubleshooting steps based on the issue you’re experiencing:

• You didn’t receive a code: It can take time for the registration code to be sent to you. If you haven't received your code after 24 hours or still can’t register your account, please reach out with your number in full international format.
  • You must wait before requesting another code: Please wait the amount of time indicated on your device before requesting another code.
  • Your phone number isn't supported: Confirm you entered your correct phone number in full international format. WhatsApp doesn’t support VoIP numbers.

If these troubleshooting steps don’t resolve the issue you’re experiencing, send us your number in full international format, and we’ll look into this for you.

this is what whatsapp sent to me, i dont know if those solutions work for my case???

rodela

Hi, how can I go about doing that? How could someone else have permission to get access to my sim card and send me my verification code? Alternatively, I was thinking to ship my sim card through a courier service to my dad in Canada but that's unnecessarily expensive and hectic however if that's the only choice I have I am willing to. 

Ah , yes @computergeek541 ,  that indeed could also work if the user wanted someone in Canada to receive their texts.

A bit of a workaround, but definitely doable.   🙂

rodela

Sadly, I have already reached out to whatsapp and this is their exact message to me " Verifying your phone number with a registration code is the only way you can activate your account." 😞

rodela

Hi, the sim card unfortunately is with me. Could you please further clarify what you mean by the last sentence? Do you mean public mobile can send my text messages to emails since I am abroad? Many thanks.

@HALIMACS wrote:

Indeed.

Isn't that what i wrote, @computergeek541 ?

Or are you offering an alternate method?  🤔

I was mentioning that even if the SIM card was taken on the trip, there could still possibly be a way.  I typed faster than I should have and skipped the word.

Indeed.

Isn't that what i wrote, @computergeek541 ?

Or are you offering an alternate method?  🤔

@HALIMACS wrote:

@rodela 

Unless you've left your Public Mobile SIM card in Canada and someone can check the code and send it to you, the only other option is to change the method to email when abroad

@rodela 

The service cold actually be swtiched to a new Public Mobile SIM card so that the person who you know could send you the verification code.

edited:  forgot the word "new"

@rodela wrote:

Hi, I am currently in Malaysia for vacation and am unable to get my verification code for Instagram sent to my WhatsApp account which is registered under Public mobile sim card. As my number is Canada use only and does not support roaming service internationally I have no way to access my messages. In this case, what can I do? I won’t be back in Canada before the 6th of next month. Is there any way to solve this issue? Whatsapp will not send verification code via email due to security reasons.

Sorry, but as you know, you will not be able to receive any of your incoming text messages.  You will need to work with WhatsApp to determine if there is an alternate verification method.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@rodela 

Unless you've left your Public Mobile SIM card in Canada and someone can check the code and send it to you, the only other option is to change the method to email when abroad

Need Help? Let's chat.