cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does reactivating an account take?

Doyle
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan had been inactivated due to a glitch of my MasterCard blocking my autopay. I have submitted a reactiation online, how long will it be until I can use the line agin?

11 REPLIES 11

Carriefox01
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am on a 30 day plan

Doyle

I am on a 90 day plan; thank you for all your timely replies, much appreciated, it is working now; Tangerine Mastercard had a systemic problem that falsely flagged transaction such as this one as suspicious; bad timing as these days you cannot even log into accounts with 2FA without a functioning phone/text account

@Doyle

What monthly plan are you on?

Also, are you on a 30 days or 90 days payment?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Correct, also to avoid this headache going forward you can manually add the funds a day or 2 before renewal that would cover the renewal and not give autopay the opportunity to mess up lol

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, having funds equal to your plan cost should immediately reactivate your account. If it doesn't search for the reactivate button as suggested earlier. 
Not much else left after that except to contact the CSAs. 

Doyle

I have available funds of $21 and if I add $99 to reach my required total of $120 tax is added, is that correct?

Use the other option, not amount due.

Doyle

I had switched from Visa to MasterCard, the auto-pay was declined, but is now registered, I chose make A Payment | Amount Due and get the message: "Your account has already enough balance." Logged off, rebooted phone and still no joy

Meow
Mayor / Maire

To reactivate account, do manual pay, choose "Other" as payment type and pay your plan cost. Credit card has to be registered with PM. You can make only 2 attempts to pay this way. If it fails you will have to wait an hour to try again.

Once payment is completed, logoff and reboot the phone. Service/plan should automatically reactivate.

If it doesn't reactivate then go to the plans or usage page and click on the lost/stolen feature. Suspend your service. Log-out/in. Resume your service. Your plan should automatically reactivate.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/reactivate-a-suspended-plan

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Doyle did you make a manual payment  and it went successfully?  If so, is there a button  Reactivate current plan there?  click in it.  Logoff My Account and reboot the phone once more.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you've made the sufficient payment and the system has taken it (not just the payment from the card) then it should reactivate. Are any services working?

Need Help? Let's chat.