cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access account

Karlis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I created a ticket because I did not know the email on my account. Someone at customer service named Alex went over the process and gave me a new temporary password. That password didn't work. He told me to clear the cache and try again. I tried on 3 phones, my laptop and 3 different browsers and it doesn't work. Alex is telling me there's nothing more he can do.

It's been 3 hours, I just need access to my account so I can get my account number. Anyone else I can contact?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

Sounds like customer support is your best option - make sure to let them know of the "forbidden" messaging you're getting, @Karlis 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Karlis

I can't find it, I never accessed the account the email may have been typed wrong from day 1. 

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Karlis 

If all you need is the account number, when you activated here, did you get a "Welcome to Public Mobile" e-mail?

If so, the account number is 'embedded' into the 'TO' field of that e-mail.   It's the long number starting with a '1', followed by a bunch of zeros before a 6 or 7 digit number.

Karlis

Unfortunately I think that's the only solution. Thank you for helping

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Karlis 

Try submitting another ticket and explain your situation. Hopefully you will get an agent who is more helpful.

Karlis

It's not, I even tried using a different device that doesn't belong to me and got the same message. Doesnt matter what device or browser I use it still won't work.

Karlis

I tried on a completely separate device and it still doesn't work. Cache isn't the issue.

This may be a stretch, @Karlis , but when you log into self-serve, if your device has 'remembered' credentials, sometimes when they auto-fill they will automatically then try to login without tapping the sign-in button. (i know my mobile device/browser does this)

If you tap that button while the system is also trying to automatically log you in, it results in an error message.

Try again and note if that may be the issue.

Karlis

Did all that, still get forbidden.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Karlis 

Try the Forgot your password link to reset it yourself.

Karlis

They got my email sorted out and reset the password. When I try and log in using the info they gave me it won't work. I get "Forbidden". Their solution was to clear my cache and try a different browser. Nothing more they can do. I did all that but it still doesn't work.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Karlis 

Try clearing your browser cache and history. Close browser and then open a new window in incognito. Try chrome or edge browser.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Karlis wrote:

I created a ticket because I did not know the email on my account. Someone at customer service named Alex went over the process and gave me a new temporary password. That password didn't work. He told me to clear the cache and try again. I tried on 3 phones, my laptop and 3 different browsers and it doesn't work. Alex is telling me there's nothing more he can do.

It's been 3 hours, I just need access to my account so I can get my account number. Anyone else I can contact?

Thanks

You need force to clear caches and cookies using ccleaner.

Close browser won't clear caches and cookies sometimes. Then using private or incognito mode to login.

Karlis

I'm getting a blank page with "Forbidden" on the top. I just tried incognito and it didn't work either.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Karlis   

What exact error you got?

try to ask Alex to give me a new password, then use Incognito mode to login to My Account and it should work

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Karlis 

You mentioned you did not know the email on your account? How did this get resolved? Is it the email or password?

Need Help? Let's chat.