cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to register on the Network

andyHanmer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I activated my sim earlier today and my phone still says registered with the network.

I transferred my phone number from kudo how long does this usually take?

4 REPLIES 4

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@andyHanmer 

Did you contact customer support to reinitiate your port request? You will only get a new PAT (porting authorization text) once a new port request is sent to koodo.

If you have not already contacted customer support you can also call the Telus porting department to reinitiate your port request. You will need your Koodo account #. Check your private messages and I will send you the phone number.

andyHanmer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Ok I'll try my Koodo sim for an sms message

@andyHanmer wrote:

I activated my sim earlier today and my phone still says registered with the network.

I transferred my phone number from kudo how long does this usually take?

Connecting to/registering to the network should only take a few seconds.  Porting so that incoming calls work on your Public Mobile service should work with a couple of hours.   Did you answer a text message from Koodo to approve the phone number transfer. You need your Koodo SIM card to still be in your phone to receive that text message.

Are you saying that your Koodo SIM card is still connecting and is still working?

If you have no service at all while using your Public Mobile SIM card, you will need to open a ticket to ask a custoomer support agent for help. That is done throught the chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.