cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to get a moderator response?

SaraEpp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm waiting for a moderator to respond to my request for a network locked SIM card PUK - I PM'd the Moderator_Team last night, and I'm still waiting for any response.

Any other ways to get help? 

16 REPLIES 16

aridShrub
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Incredibly; 72 hours. 

Look on the bright side, it could be 72 days.

SaraEpp

You're totally (and frustratingly) right. My unlocked phone was apparently not unlocked. I got the code from Rogers, just in case, and contacted Samsung chat as a couple of people suggested, and got my PUK right away. The Rogers code did then work (though apparently I could have saved myself a step and got both from Samsung), and I'm now actually able to use my phone. Hooray!!!

(... still haven't heard from a moderator ... )

Thanks again for the help, everyone!

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Hi @SaraEpp 

As many have mentioned before and this is why i asked a question if you used it on telus network before is that although the phone is unlocked it is usually ' unlocked' they can lock it for short time to ensure you don't walk off the phone the next day. You can but you have to pay them to unlock it. After 3 months by law they must unlock it for free.

If you never did it to your phone you will have to duo it.

There are 2 places that must do it for free if you ask and those are your previous provider ( rogers) and the manufacturer ( samsung.ca). Other providers even if they belong to rogers wouldn't even have that information.

There are other companies that buy that info from rogers or Samsung and they will charge you.

If you go over to Samsung canada and go to chat support you will have your code in 5 minutes

Hope it helps

@SaraEpp wrote:

I'm waiting for a moderator to respond to my request for a network locked SIM card PUK - I PM'd the Moderator_Team last night, and I'm still waiting for any response.

Sorry, but Public Mobile cannot help you with this.

Rogers is giving you incorrect information. Your phone is locked to a carrier (likely Rogers).

When a phone is asking for the SIM Network Unlock PUK, that means that it is locked to another carrier.  Public Mobile cannot help unlock phones from other carriers.

When a phone asks for this code, someone has tried repeatedly and unsucessfully to unlock the phone.

The SIM Network Unlock PUK is a master code for the phone itself.  It is needed before the SIM Network Unlock PIN can be used (which would unlock your phone and allow it to be used by Public Mobile).

You'll need to get both of these codes from your old carrier, the manufacturer, or from someone who sells these codes.

cloud19

I am still waiting for them to port my number from koodo as well.

Woman Mad

Maybe they need to hire more moderators or give us more access to fix our own problem.  Robot Happy

@rich24Can be up to 48 hours or more unfortunately.

rich24

How long not sure because I am still waiting waiting for them to respond so I can pay a bill and Unsuspend my phone service

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SaraEpp wrote:

Thanks everyone. 

It was a unlocked samsung phone with a Rogers plan, and I've already called into the Rogers service and confirmed that it's a public mobile error, not a Rogers one. 

So Rogers says 🙂

While you're waiting for the mods...just for kicks, go through Samsung and get a code and then see if you can enter it. Maybe remove SIM, restart phone, shut off phone, re-install SIM, restart phone. Maybe it'll ask for a code in there somewhere.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@SaraEpp wrote:

@SaraEpp  As others have mentioned if your phone is asking for a network unlock code the moderator will not be able to help you with that and you will just end up wasting your time.

Your phone might be locked to the previous provider. You must get the Network Unlock PUK code from your previous provider.

If your phone is a Samsung you might be able to get an unlock code from the Samsung website via a chat
To start a live chat session from Samsung's Contact Us page: http://www.samsung.com/ca/info/contactus.html?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170.

Hope this helps!

SaraEpp

Thanks everyone. 

It was a unlocked samsung phone with a Rogers plan, and I've already called into the Rogers service and confirmed that it's a public mobile error, not a Rogers one. 

Jaskrat

response times can vary from 2-3 days

try looking around the forums to see if people have had similar issues?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@SaraEpp wrote:

Yeah...if the message is saying network locked then perhaps it's still locked to a previous provider. If it's a Samsung then they have a nice way to get an unlock code.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

one more thing, what kind of error message are you getting?

Did the phone ever work with telus/koodo/public mobile sim?

Thanks

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@SaraEpp wrote:

Response time seems to be around 48-72 hours right now.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@SaraEppHopefully another 24 hours? Nope no other way to get a PUK.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

It could take up to72 hours

Hang in there

Need Help? Let's chat.