cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you unpin a message?

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

For some strange reason, the daylight savings post is pinned. It shouldn't be. And I looked in my options, and there isn't something it appears I can unpin this? This is driving me bananas because it isn't relevant! 

10 REPLIES 10

@computergeek541 

Thank you for the explanation.I agree the community board named such as it is without a better definition and the directive sending customers to the "community" creates this board into a catch all for any question posed  as did the discussion board to a certain extent. Maybe public mobile and @Catherine_T should consider defining it better with directing the new user to the post in the appropriate board on the header rather than it just being in the pinned post. The boards success itself needs some time to give it a chance .

@darlicious wrote:

@computergeek541 

Actually you've missed my point entirely as did @Anonymous as it has nothing to do with my rewards post/thread. Since I dont possess your special privileges and none of the oracles seem to support the creation of the community board and its just become a wasteland of moved posts i did what i could to pull as many threads (at the time) together so when users look at this board there was at least one page that looked normal. Then perhaps they could garner some useful info from it and have an idea of what should be posted in it. It has nothing to do with thread capping or my own post count and if I could have done it any other way I would have.....along the way I learned some useful things of how things work in my profile. If you want move all my recent posts to move each thread to the lounge if that makes you two feel better.

I did think that you were trying to make a point, although i was unsure as to which point.

As for placeholders, I will admit that I don't always leave them, but documented changes that were made of a thread or message post was asked of by Public Mobile. Quite simply, posts about number porting or about data, calling, or text messaging issues do not belong in this category. When the thread changes are made, what sometimes then happens is that people start questioning who moved the thread. 

As for threads being burried, I would point to that indicating a general lack of interest by many Community members about such topics. I would say that this Community category is one of the lesser used ones on this message board.

As for threads about anything and everything being posted in the Community category, I also believe that's because it's poorly named.  When someone has a number port failed, the text message tells the customer to go to "community".  

@computergeek541 wrote:

@darlicious I suspect that you're trying to make a point, but I would say that this type of campaign to show how rewards can be received by posting random messages to week old threads would more likely cause Public Mobile to possibly consider just eliminating the Community rewads altogether, should they determine that it is no longer worth administering.

@computergeek541 

Actually you've missed my point entirely as did @Anonymous as it has nothing to do with my rewards post/thread. Since I dont possess your special privileges and none of the oracles seem to support the creation of the community board and its just become a wasteland of moved posts i did what i could to pull as many threads (at the time) together so when users look at this board there was at least one page that looked normal. Then perhaps they could garner some useful info from it and have an idea of what should be posted in it. It has nothing to do with thread capping or my own post count and if I could have done it any other way I would have.....along the way I learned some useful things of how things work in my profile. If you want move all my recent posts to move each thread to the lounge if that makes you two feel better.

Anonymous
Not applicable

And I suspect that it's her intent to burn the place down now that she has her free service on however many accounts.

@darlicious I suspect that you're trying to make a point, but I would say that this type of campaign to show how rewards can be received by posting random messages to week old threads would more likely cause Public Mobile to possibly consider just eliminating the Community rewads altogether, should they determine that it is no longer worth administering.

Actually its the second one ive seen in the last hour!

@mpcdesign 

Ooooh....a rare self solution!

@mpcdesign 

That whole section is a bit of a mystery to me....when I first discovered it I accidently hit oldest to newest and I thought a bunch of threads had disappeared until I looked closer at the dates of the threads and realized they were now back to front. Then it took me a whole to figure how to fix it. I bet @jb456 has some insight on the functionality of the topics options..

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for showing us how to do it @mpcdesign 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

Forget it, I think I finally figured it out. Don't ask me how, but, I was able to un-float it. I saw that there wereScreen Shot 2020-07-13 at 10.42.26 PM.png

Topic Options, which I probably never realize was there.

Sorry to have bothered you with this nonsense!

[I marked this ...... Luddite]

Need Help? Let's chat.