cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I disable Auto Top Up

myMymy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

My daughter was just billed $40 for her plan and an additional $40 for auto top up of data!!

From what I see she never used all her data.

But the real issue is how do we prevent auto top up from happening again?

I have another child with a phone and do not need to have surprise payments!!!

Please help.

Peter

12 REPLIES 12

@myMymy wrote:

Thanks everyone who replied.

It may just be a double billing issue.  The account is in credit now of $40 so I have as suggested reached out to the monderator for verification.

🙂

Yay Community

Peter

The good news is that this 40$ will stay in your account in the available funds for your next bill.

@myMymy wrote:
Sorry for the bad formatting but I cannot paste a picture. In any case this is what I see in the transaction history. It looks like double billing? Date Transaction Type Credit (Payments) Debit (Charges) Balance Jul 8, 2019 Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit $40.00 $40.00 Jul 8, 2019 2.5GB at 3G LTE Speed/2.5 Go à la vitesse 3G LTE $30.00 $0.00 Jul 8, 2019 30-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00 $30.00 Jul 8, 2019 Automatic Top-Up/Réapprovisionnements auto. $36.00 $40.00 Jul 8, 2019 AutoPay Reward $2.00 $4.00

@myMymy  If you want to post a picture you need to select the Photos icon. Make sure the pic does not contain private info before posting.

myMymy

Thanks everyone who replied.

It may just be a double billing issue.  The account is in credit now of $40 so I have as suggested reached out to the monderator for verification.

🙂

Yay Community

Peter

@myMymyYou might have been mistaken.. to me it looks like your credit card only charged once.. to add credit to your account. the rest is a break down on how the said credit was used to the prepaid plan that was set for automatic renewal.. also double check your credit card, you will probably find you have only been charged once.

Oh before you need to panic again.. the amount on your credit card will be more than $40 because it includes the tax amount.

myMymy
Sorry for the bad formatting but I cannot paste a picture. In any case this is what I see in the transaction history. It looks like double billing? Date Transaction Type Credit (Payments) Debit (Charges) Balance Jul 8, 2019 Credit/Visa Debit TopUp-Réapprov crédit/Visa Débit $40.00 $40.00 Jul 8, 2019 2.5GB at 3G LTE Speed/2.5 Go à la vitesse 3G LTE $30.00 $0.00 Jul 8, 2019 30-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours $10.00 $30.00 Jul 8, 2019 Automatic Top-Up/Réapprovisionnements auto. $36.00 $40.00 Jul 8, 2019 AutoPay Reward $2.00 $4.00

@myMymy wrote:

True I could disable the CC but the point is how do I prevent it from auto toping up?

@myMymy  You can disable AutoPay via selfserve online

I have never seen this in any of our 3 Public Mobile accounts?

What you are describing is not normal, not sure why it would double bill you. You can get a better understanding on what happened by reviewing the payment history

How do I communicate with someone in billing to contest the charges?

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Thanks,

Peter

@myMymy  a écrit :

True I could disable the CC but the point is how do I prevent it from auto toping up?

Thanks,

Peter

You can reach the moderator here..https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 and ask them to have a look in your account for this transaction. They will help you. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days but they work 7/7 days.

myMymy

Thanks,

Peter

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@myMymy wrote:

Hi,

My daughter was just billed $40 for her plan and an additional $40 for auto top up of data!!

From what I see she never used all her data.

But the real issue is how do we prevent auto top up from happening again?

I have another child with a phone and do not need to have surprise payments!!!

Please help.

Peter

There is no Such thing as a Surprise charge or any other type of a charge at Public Mobile. The only payments that are Deducted from your credit card are your 30 days of plan fees. Nothing else 

seyvoutychan

In the My Account Self Serve, you can clicked the Payment tab. Then in the Make Payement tab, click Managed AutopPay and select remove AutoPay

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@myMymy, please check your payment history carefully.  Auto pay will only work on the payment for renewal of the base plan.  There is no auto feature for top ups or add-on purchases.  These are manual and one time only. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you remove the cc info that will stop autopay.

To update or remove your credit or Visa debit card details, sign in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’. Here, you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, where you can enter the details for your new card, or ‘Remove this card’. You will need to review and confirm this change to your account and then you’re all set..

Need Help? Let's chat.