cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I Refer a friend from Walmart ?

Farjy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am going to buy a sim for a friend from Walmart so how can I put my name as a referral while buying the sim from Walmart store ? 

7 REPLIES 7

Farjy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Funny thing happened with me also  , when I went to Walmart to buy a SIM cards for my aunt  I gave them my credit card Info just to activate for the first month but the lady who was working there told me sorry you can’t use your credit card for someone . I asked why ? She said you can’t mean you can’t , it wouldn’t take your card it has to match with the sim holders name . I got mad and told her have a try As because I did it for my cousin it worked perfectly so she tried with a mad face and it worked , she told me for three other customers it didn’t work . I told her maybe they had their card problem or you know better actually what happened. 

SD13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I bought both my daughters SIM cards at Walmart without a problem. Went  home and did the online activation myself. The sales guy said he wanted to do it and I just replied no thank you, don’t have the phones with me 🙂 

Canadiankid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I don't think Walmart will sell you a sim card. I tried to get one from them and they said they would have to set me up in store. Free sim card from them if you set up in store. When they set you up tell them you want to add in your friends phone number so you get your $10 and your friend gets the $1 savings each month. Hope that helps. FYI if you don't want to get Walmart to set you up you can always buy your sim from public mobile and get it shipped to you for free.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LEGO, you are absolutely right!  The free SIM at Walmart is not tied to any specific plan.  Just need to activate in-store.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Farjy if your friend is taking a Talk & Text plan (with Data), you (your friend) can get the SIM free if you activate at Walmart. Woman Wink

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Farjy - BTW, if your friend is taking a talk & text plan (no data), you (your friend) can get the SIM free, AND a $20 bill credit if you activate at Walmart. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Farjy, the referral information is entered when activating the SIM.  Some Walmart stors will insist on doing the activation on-site.  At that time, tell them that you want a referral number entered during activation.  If you activate at home, then same applies.  the referrer's number is entered during the activation process.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Need Help? Let's chat.