cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can existing customers get this offer? Should we transfer to other companies to get same plan?

HAHA12345
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
15 REPLIES 15

Phayes

Except by offering better plans to new customers, you infuriate existing customers and then they leave.  So, no, it isn't good marketing.

wavid

Hopefully these plans are opened up to existing customers, rewarding loyalty rather than punishing it! Personally, I would love to see more competition in this lower cost and lower data tier.

@Cheetah24 That’s certainly interesting indeed . I don’t see it in my account either . But there’s good chance it could still happen especially at $26 as it still an upsell as I see in my account exclusive offer for 50GB for $39 4G plan but there also boxing week plan for 60GB for $40 5G plan so most will go for the 60GB for $40 even if they don’t need that much data as it seems like better value for just a doller more and in PM eyes every doller counts . And we have seen similar with those in the $15 plan be offered 5GB for $25 thru a text offers also . I’m excited to see what 2024 brings us after this year of aggressive plans being offered . Cell plans and hemp are the only two things in my life I’ve seen get cheaper 🙂 and I love em both 

Cheetah24
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Lets keep wishing for this to happen ... I really love the 24 dollar plan if I can get it.... 😀

Cheetah24

I really really hope so and wish the 24 dollar plans becomes available for existing customers. What's weird is that there's mentions in the community that someone can see it offered at 26 dollars in their account (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Available-plan/td-p/1111807). But I don't see it under my account. I wonder if it's only available for select people on the 25 dollar plans. 🤔

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

I think what they could/should do for the existing members for Boxing Week  is to offer this plan 24$ 4GB and remove the 3rd month free. I think that would be very reasonable. 

@Cheetah24  That’s a good point , I also think it has to to with competition . So if you look at Quebec offerings  also a plan for 30GB for $29 new activation also . And I was in the mall and saw this offer for Fido customers to migrate to Roger’s . So good chance they could offer those on the $25 plan this offer also as it would ultimately upsell there monthly spend by $4 and give the customer much more breathing room with data usage without needing to buy expiring data add on 30 days after purchase 

Cheetah24

I really wonder if it ever be available for existing customers. If it does I guess all the 25 dollar plans will be moving to 24 dollar ones (given everyone on 25 dollar plans would be paying less by doing so); and thus there's no incentive for PM to do this unless they feel like they wanna really keep the 25 dollar customers. Why would you just lower the cost and increase the speed and data just for no apparent reason. So in my mind public mobile is doing what is most logical; marketing the 24 dollar plans only for new customers. I might be wrong though 😛

HAHA12345

Wish... 

HAHA12345

But I don't want to lost my rewards. 

@HAHA12345  No not on purpose I don’t belive , was just overwhelming response to these plan that crashed site . I was one of the lucky ones to jump in the new 40GB for $34 on Black Friday myself and kept my old rewards have a peek 

Handy1_0-1703087384471.png

HAHA12345

Base on this new garbage PM system, soon or later more and more those referrals will leave PM, I am shy to refer people to PM.  Whenever I saw the good plan ane wanted to switch, then the website down.  I am wondering maybe PM do this in purposeful? 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@HAHA12345 

without losing your current benefits (Rewards / Points), you can't. You'd sacrifice whatever Rewards you're getting to port away..then start a new PM account.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@HAHA12345  that’s certainly an option , but you would lose your current rewards doing so . And we have seen this sorta thing be offered to only new customers then have it be available for existing customers down the road . So I would remain patient keeping an eye on the website and community for new and exciting upcoming plans instead . And keep those rewards intact 

Need Help? Let's chat.