cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I redeem the 2GB Fiona reward?

Kriz
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recieved a text to claim a 2GB Fiona reward but can find the reward on the catalog. Any help on getting the reward or is a Scam message?

16 REPLIES 16

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I'll say it again...they have communicated...to those that matter. The rest of us have only heard it by the way from those people asking if it's legit.

@will13am wrote:

@dust2dust wrote:

I wonder if they're really filtering who is eligible. By area codes, by alleged entered address, for only those that got the text.

Looks like it.  As usual, they do this with no announcement as if is is an embarrassment.  Scams are quite often borne out of crisis situations.  It doesn't hurt to make an official announcement so there is no ambiguity.  

I find that Public Mobile doesn't usually make announcement for anything that isn't offered to everyone.  I also think that this too much too longer for Public Mobile to do something. I agree that an announcement should have been made, but in way, they can't win by saying something now.  If Public Mobile were to announce this now, they would be accused of only seeking publicity, but if they don't make an announncement they would be accused of not communicating.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dust2dust @We need a hall of shame thread.. lol.. probably would take up too much space tho…😂

@Metal1967- So they change their number - wouldn't it be interesting if they got the text. So they get the data. Then they complain to support that they somehow inexplicably, mistakenly changed their number and they want their old number back. If I were support I'd tell them to pound sand. Or, remove the data or deduct 2gb off their plan bucket and then change the number back if still available. That'll learn 'em.

Metal1967
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dust2dust  You raised a good point in your post… guaranteed many will try what they can for a freebie.. 😳

@Kriz at the bottom of Plan & Addons page.  

Kriz

Where can I find the promotion box?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Then I applaud them. It should be heavily filtered for eligibility. Why should we all get this benefit?

As for the messaging, other than the stupid short url, I don't have a problem with this. It's only for eligible customers. Why shouldn't they be the only ones to get the message?

I dare anyone to change their address or phone number and see if it works and report here that they took advantage of this.

@dust2dust wrote:

I wonder if they're really filtering who is eligible. By area codes, by alleged entered address, for only those that got the text.

Looks like it.  As usual, they do this with no announcement as if is is an embarrassment.  Scams are quite often borne out of crisis situations.  It doesn't hurt to make an official announcement so there is no ambiguity.  

sergecpelletier

That is quite possible as my daughter didn't get it as she has a 514 area code. 

sarapelrine

I'm guessing quite a few people have been trying to redeem this promotion, the site is overly slow today. Definitely not a scam 🙂 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@sergecpelletier wrote:

Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 1.54.16 PM.png

This is what you see once you enter the promotion in the promotion box

The add-on is already in your account and active and should be available for use.  

sergecpelletier

Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 1.54.16 PM.png

This is what you see once you enter the promotion in the promotion box

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Kriz , please provide a screen cap of the offer.  This might be a scam.  

sergecpelletier

You need to enter the promotion in the promotion box on in your account under plans and add-ons, if your accounts loads that is.

Need Help? Let's chat.