cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I block phone numbers from a region? Bombared by 011 scam calls.

Theprincipal
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Apparently both mine and my wife's phone numbers have been targetted as part of the new wave of one second dial scams that is hitting the Toronto region.

I get 5-10 of these calls every single night. Different phone number every time, so adding to the auto reject list on my device doesn't do anything.

They all start with 011 coming from papa new guinea. Is there a way I can stop my phone from receiving these SUPER annoying calls?

5 REPLIES 5

DocWilliams
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I joined Public Mobile yesterday and already I'm getting these 011 calls. I haven't given my new number out to anyone yet. They ring twice and hang up. No voicemail. I get several a day. Annoying. 

I don't really want to block international calls as my sons live overseas. (And no, it's not them calling).

Anyone recommend a trustworthy call screening or manager app?

There's no official way to do it specifically for Public Mobile service.  Your best bet would probably to install some type of call manager app that allow you to do such things as answer and hang up on certain numbers, or to send such calls directly to voicemail.   You'll want to be looking for one that includes features such as wildwards so that you block entire range of phone numbers.  Keep in mind that you could end up blocking some calls by mistake that you do want to receive.

An app perhaps: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mrnumber.blocker&hl=en

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The stock google dialer will soon include an auto block feature where these calls will go straight to voice mail.  You might want to look into using the google dialer.  I get a number of these calls every week, not as bad as many every night. 

MEU_21
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

011 is an international number, so even if it were possible, you'd be blocking out the whole world, outside North America. You can set blocking on your phone only, but your mght not be able to block a whole range of numbers starting with 011.

Need Help? Let's chat.