cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotspot trouble

Kike
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there. Since I started the new subscription I've been having issues with the hotspot going to my laptop. The devices connect but the laptop can not connect thru the phone to the internet. I ping the routers (phone) IP and they talk fine but for some reason the phone does not allow this conversation to go further. Phone is Pixel 6a laptop is MacBook pro. Wonder if you got any input on this. Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

@sdiep1   Public Mobile technical people are working on it, quite a few of us are affected

sdiep1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am also unable to attain internet connection when using my Public Mobile hotspot from iPhone 14 Pro Max to my MacBook. The devices connect fine but no internet connection.

Amped
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I did it myself this morning.  If it doesn't work, then you've likely entered a typo.

Kike
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nop. Not only hotspot does nothing but the regular data conexión goes kaput. 

Where did you get this from?

Amped
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Go to settings, connections, Mobile Networks, and then Access Point Names.  Create a new APN and enter in the following:

Name: anything you want

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
                or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

Save the new apn and then make sure it is selected.  Hotspot should work now.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Kike   There is currently a known issue with hotspots so perhaps this is your problem, see

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Ongoing-Issues-with-Mobile-Hotspot/td-p... 

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

It's posted that it's a known issue that they're working on. Sorry just gotta wait

Need Help? Let's chat.