cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi yall, I wana port my number pls help

Lteguy
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
  • I would like to port my telephone number to shaw mobility.  I’ve already provided shaw with my public mobile phone number and account number.  I’m waiting for the text message from public mobile for my consent reply “yes” to port over my phone number.  I have not received this text message yet.  What do I do they are telling me it could take up to 24 hours? Can the support team help me receive that text message that would be great.
4 REPLIES 4

Lteguy

It’s done now finally there was actually a pending port that needed to be cancelled that took so long

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Lteguy - make sure your public mobile account is ACTIVE. The SMS port text comes on your public mobile SIM card, so you need the public SIM card in a phone to reply YES to.

Lteguy

Thanks. I’m waiting for PMs customer support agent to reply back to push the authorization text message through.

@Lteguy wrote:
  • I would like to port my telephone number to shaw mobility.  I’ve already provided shaw with my public mobile phone number and account number.  I’m waiting for the text message from public mobile for my consent reply “yes” to port over my phone number.  I have not received this text message yet.  What do I do they are telling me it could take up to 24 hours? Can the support team help me receive that text message that would be great.

Please remember that the new carrier is responsible for providing all customer service relating to transfering the number there.  Please contact Shaw for any assistance that you may need.  You can try asking a Public Mobile customer support agent to push the authorization text message through, but it's really Shaw's responsibility to help you. To contact Public Mobile, please open a ticket using the chatbot and ask for contact a customer support agent: https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.