cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi I just put in my new SIM card in my phone. I downloaded the app but not sure what else to do can

Vini45
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Vini45 

Here are the steps to activate a new SIM:

It must be done in exact order if you are porting your old number over to PM.

• Make sure your old SIM is active so don’t cancer serviced with them.
  • Purchase a PM SIM from Amazon ($4.99), Canadian Cell Supplies ($6.99) or pick one up from Telusee/Koodo store ($10.00).
  • Download the PM app on your phone to activate the SIM. Use the old account number and not the IMEI to avoid issues. Complete to step 6. Note that your previous service is prepaid…you will need to pick a temporary number and contact the CS_Agent to complete the porting of your old number.
  • Keep the old SIM in your phone and wait for the text from old carrier and confirm with YES you are porting over to PM within 90 minute window once you get the text.
  • Keep the old SIM in your phone until porting process is completed because the old SIM will continue to work for about 2 hours.
  • Power off the phone once porting is completed then switch to PM SIM and power on your phone.

That is it…what steps did you missed?

If all steps are followed, there could be provisional/backend issue with the SIM so contact a CS_Agent to fix at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

• If you picking a new number instead of porting an old number.

Just put the new SIM in your phone after you entered the SIM card number during the activation process to step 6 then reboot your phone by powering off then back on.

HI @Vini45 

is that new activation?  or replacing sim card?

I think you can uninstall the app first, reboot phone and reinstall once more and try login 

if same, please submit a ticket with CS Agent here:
       https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Vini45
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I didn't get no prompt and when I log into the app on my phone I get to code to my email then when I enter the code it sends me back to the login page help

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Vini45 

are you trying to activate? or you are replacing sim card to your PM account you have already?

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You should be prompted with an activation process on your phone once you've installed and signed in onto the Public Mobile app.

Need Help? Let's chat.