cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with overall cell/data reception

Lunadog
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

I've been with back with PM for the last couple of months. Ported over from phonebox (rogers) and ever since I've had pretty poor reception for my cell service and data. 

even though i have 3-4 bars at times on my phone, phone calls sometimes go through but often are slow to start dialing and I sometimes cannot access my data despite my phone showing I have decent reception. I was driving through the maritimes over the last 3 weeks and there were patches where I had no reception despite the map showing coverage?

I have been with PM previously with no issues and I had no issues with phonebox previously. I am using a samsung fold 4 for reference. Any help would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3

Beagles
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Both my wife and I have been having connection issues. I just came across info about phonebox. Their one plan (8G/$30 @5G) is very appealing to me. Curious why you switched and more so, how was their service (I know they're on Rogers network)

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried to reset your networks on your phone? I myself like to go to settings, network settings and turn off automatic and click on public mobile and reboot. I haven't really had problems since. Just a thought.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Lunadog strange I’m from the maritimes and have no issues from the city to cottage country . Sure they’re a few dead zones but they’re just a blip . Can you try the SIM card in another  to test or reset network settings . If your having trouble with voice in rural parts try your network in 3G and test 

Need Help? Let's chat.