cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, Unable to make local calls!

rayj
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When I try calling any local numbers (B.C), I get a message that says "sorry, we cannot complete your call, you dont have an active long distance add on", however I am able to receive incoming calls.... 

9 REPLIES 9

nmchristie

Thanks for the reply. I am ok now as of 10:45 

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Hello everybody,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

We’re terribly sorry to hear that you haven’t been able to place any local calls despite having an active plan. We truly understand the importance of having fully functional services at all times, and we’ll be more than happy to help.

Please note that we were experiencing a network outage affecting multiple users. The trouble prevents you from placing local calls although your plan is fully active. At this time, it must be resolved, and you should be able to place a call. I suggest everyone to reboot their device and make a call test.

We sincerely do apologize for this experience and thank you for your understanding and your patience, we really appreciate it. 

Please let us know how it goes!

Respectfully,

Aïssata_B

beehjae
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

same here. wife and i are in toronto. can't make calls 😞

matrixca7
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the same issue and I'm in Toronto. It started this morning. I cannot make any local phone calls.

peterbuilt777

Unfortunately, i am having the same issue this very moment. This is highly unacceptable. I am trying to make urgent local calls, and the line is out of service.  It keeps saying  "sorry we can not complete your call, you do not have an active long distance plan, get an add-on by dialing *611"  I guess this is what happens when you get greedy with data promotion plan. figured public would be better since it is essentially Telus.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Click this Moderator_Team link to send a private message for assistance.  Include your PM SIM card number, e-mail address and phone number.
More info on moderators:  http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

This bug is hitting many customers at the moment, so when moderators come on duty at 9AM EST, they may take longer than normal to respond.

In the meantime, you can use a free data/wifi-based phone service like fongo to make your calls.

fsteiner

I ve PM the Mods apparently other PM users just like yourself the same issue as mine as well

Unfortunately. Due to Est operating hours hopefully resolve in morning. PM mods with u and ur dads number not here in the public forum 

Cheers mate

jluo

My brother and I have the same problem when trying to make calls to local numbers. We are also in BC.

Manic157

I am in BC and am having the same problem with my dads and my phone.  Even calling his phone I get the same message.  His number is local just like mine and he is sitting next to me.

Any help?

Need Help? Let's chat.