cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Sorry, we didn’t find what you were looking for.

gillph
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife is in the US and I bought the 10 day $20 roaming package which worked well. It expired yesterday and I bought another 10 day package but it did not apply. I can see the $20 sitting in the account but every time I try to go to the add on page or really any page I get this: 

Sorry, we didn’t find what you were looking for.

Looks like the page you are looking for is unavailable or undergoing maintenance. (Error Code : 404)

I have been getting this for the last few days. I know we cant phone Public but my wife is traveling tomorrow and really needs the phone working as her travel documents are on the phone.

19 REPLIES 19

gillph

CSA Mario was able to add the second add-on so we are back in service. Thanks for all the support.

@gillph 

use browser from computer,and clear cache and cookies and use one page inPrivate mode,

or from browser mobile Chrome 

go view in desktop mode.

1. Tap on the menu options.
  2. Select the checkbox against the Desktop site.
  3. and clear cache and cookies and use one page incognito.

check it out how to do it,here link for photo  View Desktop Site. 

and Login Page

you will get verification code by email or SMS
and inserting the 6 digit number and not press anything
just wait a 5 second automatically be login,,

and buy it.

if still can't do it then contact PM support team by CS_Agent  to manually added.

lol You have it exactly correct. But there is a workaround. As you did, keep track of when you bought a talk add-on. Then 240 hours later, you can buy a different talk add-on. Or text. Or data. Data can be stacked up. Talk you can't. Text I'm not sure.

So say you bought the talk/text/data bundle. 240 hours later you can buy the talk/text bundle. Or the talk. Or the text. Or a different data bucket. But be very clear on the timing of the 240 hours.

gillph

From what I take away from all this is that you cant "top up" a US add-on. You wait for it to expire and 24 hrs later you can purchase another 10 day add-on so you are without service for 24 hrs. Unless you can find the mythical CSA and have them wave some sort of magic stylus to make it so.

ZuckMark
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

So, you did not purchase it, you just made a Top Up

edited by computergeek541:  removed inappropriate comment as per terms of service

Nothing will happen automatically. They don't go into a queue. If it allowed you to select the SAME roaming add-on on the 28th and you paid for it then that should have been that. If you do still show a balance after all the suggested refreshing or methods or the toll free then no it didn't seem to purchase. So yes wait until 4pm today and see if you can buy the SAME add-on using the balance you say you have. Just make darn sure through all the refreshing and all that your account is saying what it means.

We aren't quite into self-driving yet much as Musk would like it. But agreed, this site is terrible.

gillph

Thanks for all the help on this. Just to be clear, I purchased the first 10 day add-on Aug 18 at about 4PM. That should have expired at 4PM on Sunday the 28th. I purchased the second 10 days on Sunday afternoon but will it automatically apply at 4PM today the 29th or would I need to purchase the Add-on today after 4PM from the way you understand the system to work? My other concern is if it auto applies will it then apply the second (third actually) 10 day add-on and just take it from my CC? Its really unbelievable in this age of self driving cars that it's so much trouble to add time to your **bleep** phone plan. ;>)

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Again with the refreshing. And did you try out the toll free number to check on the balance in the account? Did you try a different device? Did you try incognito? Do you think you bought two or do you only see the one charge on your credit card? Or did you already have a balance?

Buying two talk add-ons whether standalone or in a bundle is the only problem part. You should be able to have multiple different amounts of data at the same time.

Adding - @Meow - I was asking you about your hard refresh idea. I'm curious. Yes I use the other method of the little spinner refresh icon. Caching is a complicated thing. Especially with that stupid squirrel thing waiting for something to come from the server taking all that time.

@dust2dust wrote:

The caching of this site is terrible.

You said yourself - PM has caching issue. OP rebooted his computer thus cleared cache and managed to do whatever he planned to do.

Do you have any other solution for caching issue except rebooting computer or hard page refresh?

gillph

I had originally purchased the second US Add-On Sunday afternoon and was also offered a receipt and it said I had made the purchase. That's the point at which it took the $20 off my credit card. I hope I did not buy 2 of these 10 day plans as she only needed 2 more days.

It's a long-standing oddity here that roaming add-ons have a delay when buying the same one again after expiry. But again, it sounds like you seemed to have. Or the new system fixed the delay problem.

A CSA is a customer support agent. They can be reached by clicking on the Chatbot link down below.

Adding - wait, you just need data. You can buy any of the different data roaming add-ons while one is active (whether all used, just in the 10 days). You can't buy the same one for the reasons mentioned. So if your wife just needs data then you could buy a different one.

@gillph wrote:

Why would they need a 24hr break in service before adding the next add-on? Verry hard to do a road trip with something like this. Who/what is a CSA?

Unfortuantely, the system just doesn't allow it and it's been that way since Public Mobile introducted U.S. roaming add-ons. A CSA is a Public Mobile customer support agent.

gillph

Why would they need a 24hr break in service before adding the next add-on? Verry hard to do a road trip with something like this. Who/what is a CSA?

And did you do any of the refresh options mentioned? It doesn't make sense that you were able to select the add-on and pay for it but for it to show as balance and not show in payment history. That's not how it's supposed to work. The caching of this site is terrible.

I may not be remembering correctly but I don't think ArriveCan needs the internet if and when you need to show it (they never asked to see mine anyway back in December last year). I don't actually think they need to see it because all that you entered is in a database that they can see that you entered the information already. Of course you need some internet to enter things but that can be done with wifi.

gillph

Thanks for the response. I rebooted the laptop and can get into the account. I was able to purchase the US add-on and got the receipt. I logged out and back into the account. Still no US plan and the $20 is still in my wallet. So I have a receipt for a plan but no plan. It also dose not show up in payments. When coming back to Canada you need to use the Arrive Can App so she needs Data. Maybe the system is just really slow, I'll wait a little while.

@Meow- If he paid money then it would have been available to select and to pay for. The new cart system is select first then pay.

The force refresh I've seen you mention a few times...has that been working for you with this new site? Like if you are watching for the usage numbers to change and they don't refresh using the browser refresh then you do the force refresh and it does?

@Meow wrote:

I believe there is a 24 hours wait before buying new US add-on.

Nevertheless you can try:

Try using different browser. Try Incognito mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try force refresh.

Force-refreshing a page will clear that page's cache, allowing you to see the most recent version of the page as opposed to any information your browser saved in the past: CTRL+F5 or Ctrl+refresh icon (PC).

As you've suspected, If the first identical add-on expired less than 24 hours ago, the system will not allow the purcahse of the add-on. Only a CSA could allow the purchase to happen.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

I believe there is a 24 hours wait before buying new US add-on.

Nevertheless you can try:

Try using different browser. Try Incognito mode. Clear browser’s cache. Try force refresh.

Force-refreshing a page will clear that page's cache, allowing you to see the most recent version of the page as opposed to any information your browser saved in the past: CTRL+F5 or Ctrl+refresh icon (PC).

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Try another browser or even device or use incognito mode. Also try the little spinner refresh button lower down. A 404 is a general web error though. So you might need to wait a little while for it to be corrected.

Travel documents on the phone should not be affected by service or not. If anything you might need the internet which can often be found in many public places with wifi.

Adding - you could also try the 1-855-4pu-blic number and enter her number and see what it says for balance.

Need Help? Let's chat.