cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please !!!

JackZhang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello All,

We port-in my kid's 7-11 cell to PM 3 days ago, sim card activated sucessfully, but the phone still not function. We contact PM CS_agent (see bellow) for 3 days, but NOT HELP....

Any help to get in touch with PM to solve the problem will be appreciated, as the kid is back in school now!

Thanks in advance!

Jack

Hello PM,

I don't know why it take so many days but still not solving the problem, and my daughter's phone can not even dial out now, so her cell is completely not function!!!!

My experience with PM online service was great, and PM responses were in minute or hours, but now for 3 days, I only receive one message asked for the IMEI which you already had and I provided again.

I don't know why it takes so long time to just get a message and how long will you take to solve the problem???

The kid is in school now, it will be a safety concern she does not have a functional cell phone!!!

Thank for your attention and prompt action!

Jack

10 REPLIES 10

@JackZhang keep replying thr message for an update. 

4 days is certainly not ideal.  I hope @J_PM  or @CS_Agent see this thread and able to jump in and assist

t_p
Mayor / Maire

Some tricks to try from the simple to more drastic measure:

-Toggle airplane mode on/off
-Reboot phone
-Reset Network settings
-Update Messaging/Google apps
-Reseat SIM card
-Try SIM card in another unlocked phone.
-Hard Reset phone (backup personal data first if neccessary)

@JackZhang wrote:

Thanks all for your help, still no luck, and here is the update...

An agent finally helped us yesterday, but couldn't solve the port-in problem....so we just had to pick a random new number, and we were told the to power cycle the phone then it will work...but no service and the cell not work at all...

We reply to service agent many many many times and even create ticket..., no one even reply...

It's now Day-4 since we activated the PM sim card, and kid was back to school with no functional cell...

Any idea or suggestion?

Have you tried the SIM in another phone to rule out a malfunctioning device?

JackZhang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks all for your help, still no luck, and here is the update...

An agent finally helped us yesterday, but couldn't solve the port-in problem....so we just had to pick a random new number, and we were told the to power cycle the phone then it will work...but no service and the cell not work at all...

We reply to service agent many many many times and even create ticket..., no one even reply...

It's now Day-4 since we activated the PM sim card, and kid was back to school with no functional cell...

Any idea or suggestion?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@JackZhang 

Have you tried or checked one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot                                                            

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

*Is your phone locked? Contact your previous provider to unlock it for you. You will need your imei number, dial *#06# to get it.

*Check if your phone is blacklisted here: https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

@JackZhang wrote:

Hello All,

We port-in my kid's 7-11 cell to PM 3 days ago, sim card activated sucessfully, but the phone still not function. We contact PM CS_agent (see bellow) for 3 days, but NOT HELP....

Speakout and Rogers have sold phones in the past that can only connect to 2g networks. If you have one of these, it won't work at Public Mobile.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@JackZhang 

Did you leave the old 7-11 SIM in the phone and confirm the SMS text from 7-11 that you are porting over to PM?

If you submitted a ticket to a CSAgent, there should be a reply from PM in your inbox.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JackZhang 

all in here community site they are a customer like me and you,you have to re send back again,

Explain your issue to Contact Customer Support Agent by  ,
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Submit a Ticket 

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@JackZhang   

Please confirm if at least some of these are working:

1. outgoing calls?

2. incoming calls?

3. Data?

what is showing up on the screen? any error?  do you see Public Mobile on top of the screen?  any Signal bars?

did you try to put your PM SIM on another phone?

On the other hand, is the phone you are using now with PM SIM, used on another network without issue before? what brand and model is that phone?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Check your inbox.  I sent you the phone number for the Telus porting department.

Need Help? Let's chat.