cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Account Setup and Porting Issue

Robert_
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

I completed the new activation process and when I arrived at the very end it said to wait while things were processing. It errored out and said to relogin. I tried and the system did not recognize my username and password. A few minutes later I received a series of text messages to my phone (I am having my old number ported from Telus) saying welcome to Public Mobile. Shortly after, my phone (iPhone SE 2016) said "NO SIM". I placed the Public Mobile SIM into the phone and I am receiving "NO SERVICE" and I still cannot log into Public Mobile's customer site. Also, I have not received an email from Public Mobile for the account activation though I did receive one for this community forums account.

I've tried to create a ticket a few different ways but every time it either asks for my Customer Account username and password (which is not working) or it's asking for my Public Mobile number, which the ported number is being rejected and was never assigned a Public Mobile number, and so I cannot submit a ticket.

This was around 11 AM today.

Please help, I don't want to lose my phone number that I've had for nearly 15 years.

Thanks,

13 REPLIES 13

WJ1

Same thing happened to myself but later when I checked my email I found I was charged monthly rate 

Next day I restarted my phone and account was set up with message confirmation

Robert_

Hello everyone;

Just wanted to provide a quick update. My number was ported and I have a working cellphone.

I did have to reach out to the Mods and they needed to escalate it twice, I think, internally. It was all done easily and smoothly, at least from my end, other than the initial issue but welcome to technology, right?

A big thanks to everyone on the forums here who helped me as well as the PM people in the background that shepparded my activation along.

Cheers and thanks again!

@Robert_  Since you're having issues with activation. Public Mobile offers a live human chat for activations. Rather than opening a ticket and waiting for mods try this link below and speak to someone directly. See if they can help you with the activation and port.

https://chat.telus.com/chat/publicmobile/chat-pm.html?portal=publicmobile&language=en

If you used a referral code for a $10 signup bonus that will be credited to your account within 72 hours (Once PM fixes your account)

Welcome to Public Mobile 🙂

Robert_

Ok, so this seems like a PM account setup issue which goes back to the issue of the activaction process errored out.

I've sent a message to the Mods so hopefully they will be able to sort this out.

Thanks everyone for all the help and ideas. I'm really impressed with the community here at PM.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Robert_ wrote:

Telus SIM seems dead, phone reports "NO SIM" when it is in.

When porting is complete, the Telus account is closed automatically therefore the sim will no longer work. Put PM sim in and reboot. If not working contact moderators using the methods in above postings.

Robert_

Telus SIM seems dead, phone reports "NO SIM" when it is in.

Sometimes we have to restart the phone with the new sim, some phones restart automatically but some don't.

If it doesn't work contact moderators.

If you want to try creating your selfserve while you wait for them, then try receiving the sms with your Telus sim, maybe it will work

Robert_

It did ask for a carrier update and I allowed it. Will see if I can find a way to have the phone recheck for carrier updates.

Thanks for the reply

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Robert_ 

Check you iPhone SE for any update.

You may need to connect your iPhone SE to iTune running on a computer to update the PM specific carrier file to get your iPhone SE to work with PM service.

Good luck

Welcome to PM.

Robert_

That's the one that is currently installed.

Thank you very much for the lightening fast responses. It’s greatly appreciated.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Robert_ wrote:

Sorry, BTW, is that a typo? Normally I know that as By The Way. Use my old SIM or the Public Mobile SIM?

Use PM sim.

Robert_

Sorry, BTW, is that a typo? Normally I know that as By The Way. Use my old SIM or the Public Mobile SIM?

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Can you restart your phone with the new sim in it

You can contact mods here https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Since activation errored it's possible that your selfserve didn't create, if you can still receive sms on old sim try creating it here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/ 

You will need too use the email you provided during signup (if you accidentally misspelled use that one is ok, you will need to aask mods to correct it later)

Sorry about typo:) it's new sim

Need Help? Let's chat.