cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emergency calls only - service disabled.

Teala1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account is paid.  I have no phone, text, email.  Says emergency calls only.  I sent a ticket to Moderator Team and response was they will respond within 48 hours!  Not acceptable!  I NEED MY PHONE TO WORK!  NOW!  HELP!!!!!!!

11 REPLIES 11

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Teala1 keep checking your community inbox every couple hours. the disclaimer says 48 hours, but customer support mods are responding much faster than the estimated time

Teala1

Thanks for all suggestions and info.

I am so frustrated and can't do this anymore right now.

Hoping PM will come up with a solution.

@Teala1 wrote:

Connected phone with usb to PC but nothing transferring.  Don't know how to tell it to transfer data etc. when I can't access phone settings.  Have turned off and on many times.

You don't need to connect to a PC. My phone will back up to my Google account. There should be a setting to back up your phone with choices as to where.  What phone are you using? Can you go into any apps on the phone like banking or browser etc? You just need to go into your smart phone's settings.

Teala1

Connected phone with usb to PC but nothing transferring.  Don't know how to tell it to transfer data etc. when I can't access phone settings.  Have turned off and on many times.

You should be able to go into your phone regardless of the status of calling. In your settings, find device, and search for factory reset. If your screen is somehow locked on the dialer, press and hold the power button, you should get the option to restart. Then go into settings and look for factory reset. As suggested, do a back up of your info first!

If required google "force restart (insert phone model here)"

Teala1

Status is active.

I am receiving PM but no help so far.

They are suggesting a backup and factory reset but the screen has the dial pad for emergency calls only and I am not able to access anything else.

Yes SIM correct on my account.

@Teala1 wrote:

Don't know what you mean by status. 

No I don't have another phone.

@Teala1 Sign into your self serve account. Does the status say active or something else? As for the time frame required for PM to respond, you should have known this, they make no secret about the way they do customer service.

Did you check your sim card against what is registered on your account as suggested by @Jb456 

Teala1

Don't know what you mean by status. 

No I don't have another phone.

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

@Teala1 

What is your status in selfserve?

Can you test your sim in different phone?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

It will show you the last 4 digits of your sim card. Now take the sim out of your phone. Do they match?

What kind of phone do you have? Has it been purchased second hand?

Also we are only customers like you. The ticket to moderators are the ones that work for Public mobile. Standard response time is 24/48 hours but usually quicker. That is how support is done here. PM has no call center.

Let us know the results of what I asked you to check. Thanks!

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Teala1 wrote:

My account is paid.  I have no phone, text, email.  Says emergency calls only.  I sent a ticket to Moderator Team and response was they will respond within 48 hours!  Not acceptable!  I NEED MY PHONE TO WORK!  NOW!  HELP!!!!!!!

While waiting for moderators:

Try the lost stolen trick to reset your service. From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5  minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.