cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having a problem with AutoPay.

ryoon0511
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, 

I wanted to change my credit card for my autopay. I followed other people's discussion on how to get it changed, removing Autopay, removing the credit card saved, and entering a new card. But, no matter how many times I try I keep getting, 

"Unable to Process Transaction 
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information."

I have already called the credit card company and tried to enter my address in 6 different ways, St., Street, putting the apt # at the front or within the box, and using 'unit' to state my apt # but none of it worked. 

I just have no idea why it keeps saying this and won't work. Help, please!! 

9 REPLIES 9

Jorno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ryoon0511, what was the solution to your problem?  Your experience may help other community members in the future.

Andy1000
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

One thing I noticed when adding or changing the credit card on file that the system will not accept a new card till it has been used in person and the card PIN is used.

I had this problem twice with PM and both time worked fine after I used it in person. 

ryoon0511

Nope its a master card but now talking to a mod thanks for all your help everyone! 🙂

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Another thought, are you trying to add an AMEX credit card?  There have been issues with AMEX with the system, but usually only during activations - just a thought.

@ryoon0511 Sorry to hear about your troubles. 

Is your name and name and address entered for your public mobile account exactly the same as what is it for your credit card?  some credit card verification process check for the same name and address in both places. 

Also, have you tried clearing your browser's cache and history or have you tried another browser such as chrome or safari?

ryoon0511

Still nothing thanks for letting me know though! 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@ryoon0511 Try using incognito/private browsing mode. 

Taekgun
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@wetcoaster

Sorry for your issue, it has caused a hassle for a number of people in the past.

I second @wetcoaster's recommendation of leaving the apt # out altogether... has worked for some in the past.  As far as I understand, the mods can manually add your CC info it you can't get it to work.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@ryoon0511 wrote:

Hi, 

I wanted to change my credit card for my autopay. I followed other people's discussion on how to get it changed, removing Autopay, removing the credit card saved, and entering a new card. But, no matter how many times I try I keep getting, 

"Unable to Process Transaction 
Sorry, your credit card transaction was denied by your card issuer, so this purchase could not be completed. Your credit card has not been charged. Please contact your card issuer for more information."

I have already called the credit card company and tried to enter my address in 6 different ways, St., Street, putting the apt # at the front or within the box, and using 'unit' to state my apt # but none of it worked. 

I just have no idea why it keeps saying this and won't work. Help, please!! 

The credit card information has to be exactly as on your credit card statement. The system is quite finicky with that, and I think I have seen reports that special characters can throw it off.

Have you tried leaving the appartment number off alltogether?

Another input field that can cause trouble is the postal code. Try without space or with space but leaving out the last digit.

If everything else fails you could ask the moderator team for insights.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Need Help? Let's chat.